Looking for a new portable scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
I currently have a RS PRO197 the GRE Twin... I am looking for a hand held version and not seeing one that jumps out at me. Any suggestions? There aren't any portable scanners that jump out at me and seem like something I want to buy.

captclint

Mentor
I currently have a RS PRO197 the GRE Twin... I am looking for a hand held version and not seeing one that jumps out at me. Any suggestions? There aren't any portable scanners that jump out at me and seem like something I want to buy.
I'm not a Radio Shack fan, and GRE is out of biz. The Uniden BC396XT and the BCD436HP - The RadioReference Wiki have a lot of bells and whistles that you don't get with RS(GRE), but depends on what is important to you.

SquierStrat

The Radio Shack Pro 106 and the GRE PSR 500 are the handheld equivalents to the pro 197. Both of those are not being manufactured right now though.

however, per the thread below, we may see a Radio shack pro 651 in the future, which is also the same identical scanner

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...facture-radio-shack-scanner-product-line.html

JBE

Premium Subscriber
GRE PSR500

We have one Brand new GRE PSR500 available left in stock. Great radio. Runs $449.00.
JBE

Status
Not open for further replies.