Looking For Coweta City Comms

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
I can hear the PD & FD fine and they're both in the RR database. I also get an older freq (I think it might be the old 155.610 - currently it's occasionally animal control and perhaps car to car comm) but what is conspicuously absent is any local service operation; e.g. water department, trash, etc. Anyone know any additional freqs for these or other Coweta services?

FYI: I have a SDS200 and use Sentinel.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Here are a few results from the FCC search:

FCC Callsign WQJP922 (RURAL WATER #5 WAGONER COUNTY) (Possibly only radio read water meters and monitoring stations, but worth checking out)

I searched using the proximity tool here: RRDB | FCC Data | Query

peterjmag

I can hear the PD & FD fine and they're both in the RR database. I also get an older freq (I think it might be the old 155.610 - currently it's occasionally animal control and perhaps car to car comm) but what is conspicuously absent is any local service operation; e.g. water department, trash, etc. Anyone know any additional freqs for these or other Coweta services?

FYI: I have a SDS200 and use Sentinel.

peterjmag

I know public works used to operate on 155.76 years ago. You might give that and the other frequencies n0esc provided a listen.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
I'd be more specific if I could. Here's what I know:
I've NEVER heard the missing city services on my SDS200, so I don't know any talk group, system, dept , etc. Yet years ago, on conventional old Bearcat I could hear Coweta Police, Fire and what I call City services (water Dept, animal control, trash, etc.). Now, with the RRDB download, I seem to only hear police and fire, and occasional animal control. No water dept, no trash, etc.), so I'm asking "where are they"? It would strike me as weird (bizarre even) that city services would be encrypted but PD & FD would be in the clear, so I'm thinking most likely the info hasn't been ascertained by RRDB yet. I suppose it's possible they're using cell phones, but... I dunno.

That's as specific as I can get.

Side note: So far, listening via Close Call hasn't really helped so far but I haven't listened extensively. I'm not far from some FM transmitters (50KW Class C on ~1000' towers) so CC will often lock up on an FM. I need to learn how to control CC to avoid that band if possible.

I just hoping someone might have some useful info as to how to receive the missing city services.

Any help is appreciated.

Plan of last resort is to parse the FCC license database and look for Coweta licenses and see what's there. I'm not lazy but not sure I have time for that, but if push comes to shove.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber

FCC Callsign WQJP922 (RURAL WATER #5 WAGONER COUNTY) (Possibly only radio read water meters and monitoring stations, but worth checking out)

Thanks kindly! Will absolutely check this out. I'm not in RWD #5, but they're may be clues there. I'll reread this message when I'm on my laptop (small screen phone at moment). I was going to use FCC 's search tool but it's fairly clunky. Didn't really know RRDB had a prettier interface! Thanks for that!!! That will save some heartburn.

Yeah, still hear a little on 155.610 - believe that's where I'm hearing animal control and occasional PD car to car (non-dispatch). So far nothing on old 155.760 but leaving it in for now.

Thanks again, I'll check it your findings shortly. Appreciate the info.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks kindly! Will absolutely check this out. I'm not in RWD #5, but they're may be clues there. I'll reread this message when I'm on my laptop (small screen phone at moment). I was going to use FCC 's search tool but it's fairly clunky. Didn't really know RRDB had a prettier interface! Thanks for that!!! That will save some heartburn.

Yeah, still hear a little on 155.610 - believe that's where I'm hearing animal control and occasional PD car to car (non-dispatch). So far nothing on old 155.760 but leaving it in for now.

Thanks again, I'll check it your findings shortly. Appreciate the info.
Hmmmm... That 155.340 doesn't ring a bell and from the terse license description sounds promising! I'll give that a shot in the morning! Thanks for that! 👍

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
RRDB info is user generated/submitted. Quite possibly the TGs you are looking for are indeed not in the listing. If you find the info, and confirm it, please submit!

BTW...Close Call is just that. You gotta be close for it to work. Kinda like sitting at an intersection and getting a hit from the cop on the side of the road running your plate.

wtp

155.34 would usually be ambulance to hospital radio (H.E.A.R.)
and the license has 90.27a which is emergency medical service.
you can listen if you want, they can be fun.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you have programmed for OKWIN in your system but to help narrow it down you can try just the Coweta site and run that in ID Search. Yes your still going to get some traffic outside of Coweta, OHP, MAYS CO, and MUSKOGEE CO. but you can lockout those ID's as your discover them until your down to just local stuff.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber

Hey There!
Thanks for that! I got a few possibles out of that and am double-checking against my list to be sure I'm not already checking them, but I believe there are at least 2 new freqs there. I'll probably know something by mid-day Monday (not much city service here except cops and EMS on weekends). If nothing else, I learned there's a tool/resource on RR for checking the FCC database WITHOUT having to use their (FCC's) fugly primitive tools (circa 1981 or something), so THANK YOU for that! I sincerely appreciate your and everyone else's tips here!

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
I know public works used to operate on 155.76 years ago. You might give that and the other frequencies n0esc provided a listen.
Thanks,
RRDB info is user generated/submitted. Quite possibly the TGs you are looking for are indeed not in the listing. If you find the info, and confirm it, please submit!

BTW...Close Call is just that. You gotta be close for it to work. Kinda like sitting at an intersection and getting a hit from the cop on the side of the road running your plate.
Thanks! Yeah, this is a relatively small city and I live less than a mile from the PD & FD, maybe a mile and a half to City Hall (Dispatch for other services - water, trash, etc.). I appreciate the response, thank you!

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
If the trash service is provided by the City, i.e. City of Coweta Refuse on the trucks you might find them, but if the trash service is provided by a contracted carrier (Shorty's Trash and Refuse for example) then they would probably not be on the City's radios and on their own system. If you know who is running the trash service, do a DB search of the name to see if they have or are using another radio service provider other than the City of Coweta.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Only Freq I've heard anything on is 155.9400 @ 123.0 CTCSS, the transmissions are very weak and I can barely hear whats being said most times.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Only Freq I've heard anything on is 155.9400 @ 123.0 CTCSS, the transmissions are very weak and I can barely hear whats being said most times.
Thanks... I've since programmed several more freqs in (from the RRDB), but only heard interesting traffic on 155.940 and 158.940 - both of which appear to be CPD car to car comms, with 155.950 most frequently used. Just FWIW... I still haven't heard anything other than CPD and CFD as far as my city services go. The trash/garbage service is city-run.