Looking for feedback on my feed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel250

I've been on here for years but never really been a "Message Board" kinda guy... Yet, here I am, lol.

I'm what you would call an audiophile and I'm sure anyone here who shares that trait with me has been on the verge of a mental breakdown many times dealing with scanner broadcasting... I've done many recommendations posted on here but I'm still not able to get the quality that I desire. Money is not an object so any upscale ideas help would be greatly appreciated!

Or maybe I'm just being a crazy over perfectionist... If you have a good ear, please take a few minutes to listen to my main feed and tell me what you think! Thank you in advance!!!

South Bend, Mishawaka and St. Joseph County Police:
http://www.broadcastify.com/manage/feed/26699

ScannerSK

South Bend, Mishawaka and St. Joseph County Police

Compared to some of our feeds in Colorado your feed sounds very decent.

I wonder if sending the feed with a greater emphasis on the higher end frequencies would help crisp up the audio a little? I ran an audio clip through an equalizer and reduced 689 Hz by 6 dB and increased the following: 1.3KHz by 6dB, 2.9KHz by 12db, 7.3KHz by 18dB and 22KHz by 18dB. This made the audio sound more intelligible. I'm not sure if that is possible as I don't run a feed.

Shawn

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

When I click on this link it says "Invalid Feed or Access Denied". (the link is obviously broken).

I was able to go to your feeds on your RR Public Profile page.

It sounds pretty good, maybe a little over powered. Try tuning the volume down a little on the scanner or your streaming software.

Last edited:

rcool101

Feed Provider
What are you using for feed? (radio and software)...Is your feed all Hoosier Safe-T and Simulcast?

NYRHKY94

jel250:

The feed sounds fine to me as well. Clear, no hissing or thumping like so many other feeds. No static either. Whatever equipment and feed software you are using appears to be working quite well IMO. Nice to see the alpha tags being broadcast (I always try to do the same with my feeds).

jel250

I'm using a Dell 3040m with the built in (line in) sound processor at the moment for that feed. I have it very technically "ghetto rigged" at the moment if that makes any sense lol.

I have the input being played back into the Windows stereo mix then processed though the Dell Audio Maxx software for streaming out to the world. Not the ideal setup at all but it cut out so many of the issues.

jel250

I just bought a Scarlet 6i6 from Guitar Center's computer audio section but I totally underestimated the complexity of the software... :( I'll get it eventually and hopefully that takes care of all my feeds at once! (Wishful thinking i know lol)

jel250

What are you using for feed? (radio and software)...Is your feed all Hoosier Safe-T and Simulcast?

I just got done putting the finishing touches on my new setup and it sounds amazing to me now.

I'm now using my Uniden BCD996p2 and running the line out into a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio interface with Pro Tools First mixing software. Take a listen now and tell me that isn't a million times better! lol

And yes, all of the feeds I run are Hoosier Safe-T P25.

jel250

Think it sounds very good. I know you took the feed off yesterday to make some tweaks. What changes did you make?

I've made so many changes that it's hard to say. Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure I have OCD now... Every time I hear the slightest imperfection I change something and that usually leads to even more problems (temporarily) lol. It doesn't help that Pro Tools absolutely hates Windows 10 but so far I've been able to overcome all the issues thrown my way.

If you're a normal listener, I'd love for as much feedback as you're willing to give!

Last edited:

jel250

And of course, right after I post all of this... The dispatcher who loves to have her mic at max output starts her shift...

I swear, this county has the most diverse dispatchers I've ever heard on any feed. One second we go from Mr. Speech Impediment whos voice is all over the place to the lady who loves everyone to hear her AT THE LOUDEST LEVEL POSSIBLE! :*(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.