• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for ICOM dealer that accepts "bill later"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFJohnson318

We're a small town fire department and our finances are operated through the town board. Our town does not have a credit card, does not do purchase orders and we do no pay for items until they are received in full (I know, opposite of how us citizens have to do it. That's the government for you). I need to find an Icom dealer that will bill for about $2K worth of radios and batteries. I've called three places now and they would not deal with me. One guy was actually rude and one lady was completely confused about the whole situation. Does anyone have any recommendations of a reputable dealer with fair prices? Thanks!

stevelton

I think what you might run into with this is, How will the dealer know for sure that he will get paid?
If the dealer ships the stuff, and a month later the town votes not to pay, there is no way for the dealer to sue and collect, or get the fire dept to send back the stuff unused so he can put it back on the shelf.

Plus the dealer would have no way to prove that the merchandise is actually his, and could potentially be out a lot of money, because he gave you $2000 worth of stuff on "good faith" that you would eventually pay.

A signed Purchase Order is a legal document.

The way I sell merchendise to one of my government customers it this.

He orders 3 radios. I give him a bill for the 3 radios. 2 weeks later( at the monthly board meeting) he turns that bill in. a week after that I get a check and he gets the 3 radios, we make a fair exchange.

He has done a PO with me before, because he needed merchendise out of my inventory ASAP, and couldnt wait to turn the bill in. Cash ,credit, and POs are the only ways I give merchendise to a customer.

Steven

EFJohnson318

Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the issue & I completely agree with you 100%. I'm dealing with an "out of date" town board. I have found one dealer that will do Net 30 Days but their prices are off the charts. I'm going to have to talk with the fire chief & town board about resolving this with a purchase order, pay a bill first or get a credit card. The town Clerk/Treasurer & Assistant is also an issue.

Will

stevelton

Just keep in mind that dealing with Icom Amaerica directly, they will charge MSRP prices, because they wont under cut their Authorized dealers.

As for the dealer willing to do the NET 30, the more "convenience" you need, the more the "convenience fee". If the dealer is going to take a risk, he will get compensated for that risk with a higher profit margin.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I bought an Icom aviation radio direct from them as a government user and the price was MUCH less than any dealer since they offer govt pricing.

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
Why not just put it on your credit card and have the county reimburse you. With a valid invoice that should not be a problem.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Farscan said:
Why not just put it on your credit card and have the county reimburse you. With a valid invoice that should not be a problem.

In a word: taxes

A government entity doesn't pay taxes, and the dealer would have to account for a lack of sales tax with a valid Tax ID.

enolaareavfd

My dept ordered 10 Icom mobile radios (@ $2700) from GMRSoutlet.com. They simply took a purchase order by phone, and mailed the radios with an invoice. Very good service, but kind of slow shipping. I have recommended them to others in my area as well.

EFJohnson318

My dept ordered 10 Icom mobile radios (@ $2700) from GMRSoutlet.com. They simply took a purchase order by phone, and mailed the radios with an invoice. Very good service, but kind of slow shipping. I have recommended them to others in my area as well.

Thanks! Looks like I'm going with GMRSoutlet. I called them up and they were very helpful. They're even taking the time to resolve a question I had about a radio. Dealt with Curt. Super nice guy.

enolaareavfd

Your welcome. As for prices. They are lower than any other local dealer, but about $10-15 higher on per unit cost than some other online deals. However, they gave us free shipping, free programming cable and software. It made the deal well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.