HP-1: Looking for info on HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
The HP-1 it's one of my favorite scanners and with with the Extreme Update it opens up many more functions and modes.The touch screen operation makes it easy to navigate, edit and program.

One thing I wish Uniden would fix is the ability to access the volume control from the screen without needing a hard button to initialize it. It would be nice to see them replace the MUTE with VOLUME, and have an option to mute.

JamesO

One thing I wish Uniden would fix is the ability to access the volume control from the screen without needing a hard button to initialize it. It would be nice to see them replace the MUTE with VOLUME, and have an option to mute.

^+1 Totally agree that this would be a better implementation.

Even give the user an option on to have the Mute on the main screen or have the button with a Volume prompt as mentioned.

User configurability options are a nice way to implement some features.

scosgt

It is the only scanner that I can pin to my dashboard and get great reception. The HP2 has to be mounted at least 6-8 inches away or the RFI zaps the receiver.
So for me the HP1 is better.

JamesO

I would say if you do not need Phase 2 P25 anytime soon, look for a good, used HP-1.

The HP-1 is a good scanner and I think the power supply/charging of the HP-1 is slightly better or at least more straight forward than the newer USB implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.