Looking For Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbywinston

Premium Subscriber
I live in Huron County near Exeter Ontario and hopping to find some people in this area I could connect with?

I have a Uniden BC785D Scanner that I have brought out of the closet and blew the dust off. Winter is coming and like to get back in the hobby.

I have a small TV tower beside the house that would look nice with an ant for scanning lol. So right now wanting to connect with some people in this area.

There use to be a feed in this area for the Police. If the guy that ran the feed is reading this or anyone that may know him please contact me.

Thanks

Dave

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The 785 should work pretty well in your area (assuming you have the digital card to go with it). If you do then you shouldn't have any issues receiving OPP. Even without the card you will still be able to get MTO activity as well as your local county stuff. Unfortunately Exeter fire & public works switched to MotoTRBO back in the summertime so you won't be able to hear them.

abbywinston

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have the digital card with it. So even with that I will be un-able to here Exeter??

I have an antenna but in a move it came apart. I put it back but not sure if it is working so thinking about getting another home base. I don't want to spend $1,000s of dollars but any info on one that would be work good would be great. The tower is about say 20ft high.

If I could get an antenna and for them to install it would be ideal

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Correct. MotoTRBO is not currently supported by any scanner on the market.

When testing an antenna I always use the weather channels to see how it's performing. I have no idea who would do an install for you.. you'd have to shop around locally.

abbywinston

Premium Subscriber
Even if someone would be willing to put it up I would pay them, am not one for heights maybe some one will see the post. Do you recommend an antenna that might be worth looking at?

Where are you

mmisk

You can listen to mototrbo with DSD provided they have not turned on encryption.
Lots of info about DSD on this site. I have been listen to MT here in Ottawa. You have to manually follow the voice calls though, but it is better then nothing. Be careful when climbing things, a few years ago during a snowstorm I fell and broke my leg, arm and back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.