Looking for updated Freqs. for Manitou Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmarmots

I am looking for any updated information for freqs. for Manitou Springs Police and Fire. I am running a Radio Shack PRO 2053 and I can't seem to recieve any of the trunked 800 mhz radios. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Manitou Springs is on a digital trunking system. Unfortunately the PRO-2053 is an analog trunking scanner.

If you can budget for one. Digital trunking scanners run around $300 used and $450+ new.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Your scanner is not capable of monitoring Manitou Springs or much of anything else public safety in El Paso county.

jfab

Thanks for the reply. The Radio Shack PRO is a trunking scanner. I may just have not set it up properly.
the "pro" part of the model number does not signify what band the scanner is capable of receiving. For example, my pro 106 will pick up way more than my pro 95. You may want to look at getting a pro 106 or GRE PSR500 if you like handhelds. Or a Pro 197 or PSR GRE600 for base/mobile. Other than that you are pretty much out of luck.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
If you can find any used Pro-96's for a good price, they'll work just fine for Manitou Springs/El Paso County/Colorado Springs, and for a lot less money than a new Pro-106...

Status
Not open for further replies.