Looking in Texas or beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslo

For the last couple weeks I've been looking for sources for nice used communications receivers and shortwave radios. Do any of you know of a good source for nice used eqpt in Texas or beyond? New would be fine if there were anything to choose from but the market gets smaller every year for quality radios. I can't get my head around the sdr being the future (although I feel that's where we're headed). I know about Universal and Grove has retired and I have yet to find a site that shows more than a few new ads for sale per month for receivers. I've gotta be missing something. I'm wanting a nice AOR7030,JRC NRD545, Icom8500, or similar. Not crazy bout eBay and hoping it makes it from Europe or another unnamed place on the globe.
There are a few DrakeR8s around worth considering but I am hoping someone knows of a source for nice eqpt. I don't want one of each just one more nice one to fill out the bench. I'm running a R75 two aor8200's a aor 8600mkII a aor 1000 a CR-1 but my only dedicated SW recr is a Sony icf2010(thank goodness I have the Sony). Any guidance is welcome.

Thanks for all,
Jslo

n5ims

Texas Towers (Texas Towers, Home Page) often has some used equipment (call since they often don't post it on their site). If you can wait until hamfest time (for example Ham-Com | The Biggest Hamfest in Texas) you can generally find a very large selection of new and used equipment in a single setting. Quite often you can get some hands-on experience with them as well, but most certainly can physically look them over which isn't generally possible via on-line sites.

jslo

Great info and I forgot about Texas Towers.(I work in fw)
Hamfest isn't till June but the bright side is if I find something soon I may have the piggybank ready to raid again by the time June rolls round.....lol

Thanks much,

Jslo

Status
Not open for further replies.