Looking to build a dipole for 455 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts2k2

Hi am looking to build a Dipole for 455 Mhz just to receive I have been looking around but can't find much on this maybe some body could help me out looking at 6 Element or a half wave dipole in mm would be great with the spacing.

Thanks
M3FUE

K9WG

You are talking about two different types of antenna. Do you want a beam or a dipole? A dipole would be very simple to construct. A beam would be a little more difficult.

ts2k2

You are talking about two different types of antenna. Do you want a beam or a dipole? A dipole would be very simple to construct. A beam would be a little more difficult.

Hi there thanks for coming back to me so fast I would like to build a simple dipole just not sure about the length from left to right or the dipole ----------- mm [ ] mm ------------- not sure what size to cut the metal poles for 455 Mhz 455.000 Mhz up to 456.000.

Thanks
Tom Sherratt

M3FUE

ipfd320

Banned
i just picked up a tram 4150 uhf-adjustible antenna base version...49.00 bucks from PALMETTO ANTENNAS.com-----....he has alot of antenna,s in stock plus cables-patch cords and a few other goodies

i am happy to say i finally am able to hit our repeater 5x5 compared to the hand held with stock antenna a big improvement...recieve is definately 10 times better also

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...I would like to build a simple dipole just not sure about the length from left to right or the dipole..."

Each side is 6" or 152mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.