TRX-1: Looking to get a TRX-1

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you would like to check this one out
No computer needed except for updating the firmware

B.S.
Does it receive DMR and NXDN yet?

trp2525

I was looking to get a SDS-100 originally, but I got priced out of it due to personal circumstances...

If you are going to be buying a brand-new TRX-1, there really isn't that much of a savings compared to buying a brand-new SDS100 (which typically sells for $649.99). If you are going to be buying used, then the price difference between the TRX-1 and SDS100 may be greater.

Right now Zip Scanners is selling the TRX-1 for $599.99 while Amazon has it for $649.95 (Sold by Amazon.com and Ships from Amazon.com) and Staples has it for $649.95. Zip Scanners, Amazon and Staples all offer FREE shipping on the TRX-1.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
If you are going to be buying a brand-new TRX-1, there really isn't that much of a savings compared to buying a brand-new SDS100 (which typically sells for $649.99). If you are going to be buying used, then the price difference between the TRX-1 and SDS100 may be greater.

Right now Zip Scanners is selling the TRX-1 for $599.99 while Amazon has it for $649.95 (Sold by Amazon.com and Ships from Amazon.com) and Staples has it for $649.95. Zip Scanners, Amazon and Staples all offer FREE shipping on the TRX-1.
There is also the price of DMR. NXDN and provoice keys at $75ea...trx already receives these without additional keys

trp2525

There is also the price of DMR. NXDN and provoice keys at $75ea...trx already receives these without additional keys
I understand that this is not a Uniden thread, but I just wanted to post the current pricing of the 4 licensing keys when purchased at my.uniden.com:

Waterfall $20
Provoice $49.99
NXDN $50
DMR $60

If you purchase the keys through a dealer (i.e. Scanner Master, Bearcat Warehouse or Zip Scanners) there is a dealer markup involved which ranges from $10 to $40 per key depending on the dealer and the specific key you are purchasing.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I understand that this is not a Uniden thread, but I just wanted to post the current pricing of the 4 licensing keys when purchased at my.uniden.com:

Waterfall $20
Provoice $49.99
NXDN $50
DMR $60

If you purchase the keys through a dealer (i.e. Scanner Master, Bearcat Warehouse or Zip Scanners) there is a dealer markup involved which ranges from $10 to $40 per key depending on the dealer and the specific key you are purchasing.

It shows higher prices than that on their website. It shows $75 for nxdn, dmc and $30 for waterfall. I could not get to my.uniden.com, says forbidden

trp2525

It shows higher prices than that on their website. It shows $75 for nxdn, dmc and $30 for waterfall. I could not get to my.uniden.com, says forbidden
If you are seeing prices of $75 for DMR and NXDN and $30 for the Waterfall, you must be on either the Bearcat Warehouse website or Scanner Master website as that is what they both charge for those keys after their dealer markup. Zip Scanners is even higher after dealer markup as they charge $89.99 for NXDN and $99.99 for DMR.

As I posted above, you will get the lowest pricing on all 4 of the keys by purchasing from Uniden directly at my.uniden.com. You have to first register your scanner at that website (with scanner serial number, etc.) and then you will be able to purchase any of the 4 keys that you want at the prices I listed. (FYI I tried navigating to my.uniden.com in both Firefox and Google Chrome and had no problems getting to that site.)

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Oh cool, thanks. So if I buy it anywhere but then register it I'll see those prices or I have to buy the scanner directly from them? I have a Ham Radio Outlet about a mile from my house. Maybe I cannot go to the site until I register. EDIT: Yes, had to register for an account first, still haven't bought my scanner though

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Oh cool, thanks. So if I buy it anywhere but then register it I'll see those prices or I have to buy the scanner directly from them? I have a Ham Radio Outlet about a mile from my house. Maybe I cannot go to the site until I register. EDIT: Yes, had to register for an account first, still haven't bought my scanner though
You can buy the scanner wherever you want, then register it on the Uniden site.

Guys, there are plenty of threads about Uniden scanners and upgrades, please let's stay on topic, this thread is about the TRX-1, that is why I get notifications, not to read about Uniden.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Oops sorry, did a search "SDS 100 DMR" and this thread came up on page two. I didn't see page one.