Los Angeles - Electric Daisy Carnival Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

4736555211_3dcdf6c6fa_z.jpg

4736452004_965f23b40e_z.jpg

4737220878_52046f1144_z.jpg

Photos are linked from Flickr...from PartyWithPanda

I listened to this a couple hours last night...but the giant 2-day rave at the Los Angeles Coliseum keeps going with plenty of comms from various areas in and around the stadium.

LAFD Prevention 856.9375
LAFD Tac 15 859.7625
LAFD EMS 10 856.2375

and one of the RR streams is carrying a lot of it...

Crowd estimates have been 120,000 a day

Overdoses, Altered Level on Consciousness, teeth punch out, broken bones...you name it.

Last edited:

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Im sure I also heard a reported stabbing, it was hard to hear the size up with all the music in the background but the call went out as a laceration.

Eng74

Sounded like a mess Friday night and then agian Saturday when I was on my way home from the GF's in OC. It gor real bad on Saturday when the floor filled up. LAPD and CSC (the yellow shirt people) had their hands full. They had some crashers take down a fence and land on top of an EZ up and those things are not made to have people on top of them. Last I heard their were about 200 transports.

RadioDaze

For some reason, over the last 10 years or so, I've become really uncomfortable with the thought of being in large crowds. Is it just me who feels that way?

(Granted, I'm a bit too old now to hang out in THAT particular crowd...)

Eng74

Not my type of music so I wouldn't go to that. At least it did not end up with some people dead from drugs like what happened in San Francisco at The Cow Palace last month.

karldotcom

I worked for CSC during my college years....and worked probabaly 100 concerts..., some of them very large at the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, Kingdome, BC Place, etc. I never really "attended" concerts since I worked so many of them.

Anyway, I went along with someone to see Dave Matthews Band and I tell you, I got VERY claustrophobic at a pinch point where the crowd was all funnelled together like cattle. It was really unnerving to me. I dont know if it is because I wasnt wearing a headset and hearing what was going on, or because of all the stuff I had witnessed those years...but yes, I dont like large crowds any more either....

rectanglehead808

Premium Subscriber
Not my type of music so I wouldn't go to that. At least it did not end up with some people dead from drugs like what happened in San Francisco at The Cow Palace last month.

Actually, there was one death- a 15 year old girl. There were around 250 transports total.

I was there both days and watched all of the idiots. Kids rushing security to get into the main stage after they had closed the gates, a stabbing, a ton of OD's, some fighting, heat exhaustion, dui checkpoints, drug busts- they all happened both nights. I even have video of a kid taking a baton out of the hands of a LAPD officer. Too much radio traffic to keep track of anything..

Saturday night there were around 200,000 people in the coleseum and it was

Eng74

Actually, there was one death- a 15 year old girl. There were around 250 transports total.

I was there both days and watched all of the idiots. Kids rushing security to get into the main stage after they had closed the gates, a stabbing, a ton of OD's, some fighting, heat exhaustion, dui checkpoints, drug busts- they all happened both nights. I even have video of a kid taking a baton out of the hands of a LAPD officer. Too much radio traffic to keep track of anything..

Saturday night there were around 200,000 people in the coleseum and it was

The 15 year old died a few days after I made that post. If I remember somthing from the news they said it was a 17 and over event so what was a 15 year old doing there?

karldotcom

I found out I knew a guy I know that works at Starbucks, it was his cousin that died. He said (on his FB) that she just drank water from someone's bottle...and that it is common to put ecstasy in the water bottles to get it through the search.

Who knows

cousinkix1953

I found out I knew a guy I know that works at Starbucks, it was his cousin that died. He said (on his FB) that she just drank water from someone's bottle...and that it is common to put ecstasy in the water bottles to get it through the search.

Who knows
Sounds like it. A couple of people OD'ed at the Cow Palace rave a few weeks before too. Politicians are finally talking about banning these illegal drug orgies in publlic facilities. Why should the tax payers subsidize this criminal activity?

Dosing somebody for a prank is not funny! The hippies were up front about liquids laced with drugs at Grateful Dead concerts in the old days. It was easy to decline the offer and be satisfied with smoking my own dope and stay alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.