Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know why I'm not hearing any traffic on the new Dispatch 11 on my HP-II? Updated the database, shows TG 311, but silence.
I don't hear any of the dispatch channels on LA-RICS. You might try their conventional dispatch channel for Temple Station on 482.9875.
I still copy Malibu/Lost Hills, Santa Clarita, Altadena/Crescenta Valley and Lancaster/Palmdale that way.

patin

BLUE 8 on old system is so bad now not even clear in sound ,,just as new countywide on new system is now very clear lots of static only the DIGITIAL COUNTYWIDE dispatch is very clear. Anyone else notice this or is it just where I'm at

Engine104

Member since 2005
BLUE 8 on old system is so bad now not even clear in sound ,,just as new countywide on new system is now very clear lots of static only the DIGITIAL COUNTYWIDE dispatch is very clear. Anyone else notice this or is it just where I'm at
The only one of the new LACoFD UHF frequencies that comes in scratchy for me is D-2, 482.6625. It is almost unreadable for me in the West SFV. I suspect many of the other frequencies are coming in well because I am line of sight to Oat and also Saddle Peak.

patin

SPECIAL UNIT DISPATCH ( SUD) TG 319
SCC doing a radio check with unit but in the conversation only able to hear SCC side even though SCC and UNIT can hear each other

resnickm

👨‍💻 📡 🚑
Premium Subscriber
SPECIAL UNIT DISPATCH ( SUD) TG 319
SCC doing a radio check with unit but in the conversation only able to hear SCC side even though SCC and UNIT can hear each other

I've caught a few transmissions on that SUD talkgroup here and there, definitely via the East UHF site, can't recall if I've heard on any other sites. Off the top of my head, I know I definitely heard unit to unit conversation. I'm not really sure what to make of it yet (in comparison to the old SUD channel at least), but it would be just lovely if they kept it in the clear and provided some meaningful chit chat on there. A lot to ask for in these trying times, I know.

pewpew45

It sounds like SCC is transmitting on the old SUD (319) group in the clear and the field units are probably transmitting on the new SUD TG which I believe the DB shows as encrypted... I would bet all those 300 series TG's in the clear are on the chopping block for full transition to the new 2000 series encrypted TG's. I haven't heard unit-unit conversations on SUD for about a month now on TG 319

gepaja1965

Premium Subscriber
No sooner than an minute ago 949am monitoring SUD and hearing units taking in the clear TG 319 ,,,,go figure
I'm hearing them right now too but it's Fire Department units talking on the frequency, not LASD. I checked Mar 16 9:49 AM too but no audio at that time.

Can you send me an example clip of what you're hearing?