Loss of resale value due to the SDS200 Humming Defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBossman1

The poll here is pretty useless. Actually most polls that invite people to vote are useless. People are generally very quick to complain and slow to give positive feedback.

Add to that the statement from UPMan that they are aware that some people have a problem and are working on a software and simple hardware fix. Once that's done, the resale value will be no different between units that had a problem and those that didn't.

Of course some people will complain no matter what.

Won't matter, two years from now you could have a certificate signed by Jesus himself stating the problem has been resolved and folks still won't believe it. That's the way the internet works...

Last edited:

BBossman1

No, just the way cynics work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without cynics, most hobby forums would lose 60% of their membership...

TmIt8rG.jpg

WeBeCinYa

Resale value? I’m more worried the price will increase for a new one once the hum dinger and other various issues are resolved. Surprised some aren’t trying to sell their perfect ones already for a profit.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Resale value? I’m more worried the price will increase for a new one once the hum dinger and other various issues are resolved. Surprised some aren’t trying to sell their perfect ones already for a profit.

Now why do you think we would be foolish enough to sell a PERFECT SCANNER.
You know I'm out there waiting to buy one of them. LOL... The OP asked if those with scanners without issues we're worried about the resale value and I said you could sell them at a premium and I would buy one at list price plus. The scanner, how much for the scanner. LOL.

I sure hope I'm able to land one without any issues and I'm waiting to see what this fix is. The money is burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm very envious of you guys but I am happy for you.

Ubbe

People are generally very quick to complain and slow to give positive feedback.
It can't be done in any other way. As soon as you discover a problem you report it. If you get a product and after the first day report that it is working perfect and are problem free, the next week, or month, you use a function or option or are at a different location or using a different antenna for the first time and discover a problem and you'll have to take back your first statement as it was incorrect.

It's logical that complaints are immediatly reported, those wont go away even if you wait, and you have to give a product a long time of use before you can call it free from problems and give it a positive review.

/Ubbe

eaf1956

Feed Provider
It can't be done in any other way. As soon as you discover a problem you report it. If you get a product and after the first day report that it is working perfect and are problem free, the next week, or month, you use a function or option or are at a different location or using a different antenna for the first time and discover a problem and you'll have to take back your first statement as it was incorrect.

It's logical that complaints are immediatly reported, those wont go away even if you wait, and you have to give a product a long time of use before you can call it free from problems and give it a positive review.

/Ubbe
And if you buy a light bulb and it burns out in say a month do you demand that all bulbs are defective?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.