Lost Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I been a long time and a few PC's ago that I used Butel Software for a BC780 and a BCD996XT. And I was looking thu old files and found files for Butel Software, but didn't have the EXE files or any info so I looked on the Butel Software site and emailed them about if they still had me on file and this was the reply...
"" http://www.butel.nl/lost.html"

$12.50 to look it up? I never ever seen a co. charge for that!!!
and
"We need the following information from you to make sure that you purchased a legal copy:
Which software you purchased*
Purchase date*
Original email address used for registration*
Transaction ID (see your credit card/Paypal history)*
Come on like most people can remember something like that after a few years?
In the age of computers it can't be that hard to look up software you purchased?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As I understand it, Butel's ARC780 won't run without a lot of finageling on current Windows releases, so frankly I think it's a lost cause - besides, ProScan (yes it does support the 780) has many advantages...included in that is that it can download from the RRDB, something ARC780 can't do

Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
As I understand it, Butel's ARC780 won't run without a lot of finageling on current Windows releases, so frankly I think it's a lost cause - besides, ProScan (yes it does support the 780) has many advantages...included in that is that it can download from the RRDB, something ARC780 can't do

Mike

Also we don't charge for lost keys. Lost keys are sent out every Monday provided I get identifiable info such as email address used time of purchase.

SCPD

QRT
Butel didnt used to charge,now they do.I was ticked off when they wanted to charge me for my Pro197 software,I didnt pay the fee,and that will be my last Butel purchase.So they shot themselves in the foot!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine its like a lot of other things - some folks tried to "beat the system" or otherwise take an unfair advantage.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine its like a lot of other things - some folks tried to "beat the system" or otherwise take an unfair advantage.

I doubt that. My experience with the. Is they anti consumer, rude, and refuse to accutly answer emails. One of the worst companies I ever dealt with.

gonefishn1

I tried the free 30 day trial period and enjoyed the program and the wireless feature so much I just had to buy it. ITs been working flawless ever since.

SCPD

QRT
BUTEL

Listen,pal,we paid for the software,nobodys beating the system!
I want what I paid for obviously.
Its the nasty companies crappy attitude towards their "customer".
I have a hard drive issue and I lost my key,how exactly does that
constitute beating the system?
Some people type before they read the issue at hand...........

gonefishn1

Listen,pal,we paid for the software,nobodys beating the system!
I want what I paid for obviously.
Its the nasty companies crappy attitude towards their "customer".
I have a hard drive issue and I lost my key,how exactly does that
constitute beating the system?
Some people type before they read the issue at hand...........

Calm down, calm down, I can tell that comment was not directed to you. He was just guessing that someone else may have tried to beat the system. I really doubt that happened, and it is a difficult company to work with.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Not saying you are trying to beat the system. Rather others have and us good folks like you and I suffer for what bad folks have done in the past. Ain't right, but it happens.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with Butel. All of mine have been good.

What I've done is copy and paste all of my software keys to a word processing file. It's helpful for when I upgrade as the software keys are required to register the upgraded software.

I apologize if I rankled you, just trying to offer what I think is why you got the short end of the stick.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Not saying you are trying to beat the system. Rather others have and us good folks like you and I suffer for what bad folks have done in the past. Ain't right, but it happens.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with Butel. All of mine have been good.

What I've done is copy and paste all of my software keys to a word processing file. It's helpful for when I upgrade as the software keys are required to register the upgraded software.

I apologize if I rankled you, just trying to offer what I think is why you got the short end of the stick.
I've done much the same but I also have a hanging file folder in my desk for each piece of software on my PC...free or paid. in that folder are hard copies of receipts, keys, etc. as well as a CD with the downloaded install file. and I use Butel software and while I haven't downloaded any new software in a while I've always found them easy to deal with. hope the OP's experience is out-of-the-norm.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I been a long time and a few PC's ago that I used Butel Software for a BC780 and a BCD996XT. And I was looking thu old files and found files for Butel Software, but didn't have the EXE files or any info so I looked on the Butel Software site and emailed them about if they still had me on file and this was the reply...
"" http://www.butel.nl/lost.html"

If you just need the software/files, you can download them from the Butel website, without the need for any information.

Status
Not open for further replies.