Lost Stratford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjazz

I noticed today that I lost Stratford PD and Shelton PD! They usually come in very well here in Trumbull. New Haven is still very strong as are other surrounding towns (Fairfield, Other Valley towns, W Haven, Easton, etc...) I hear Stratford online via Live Audio so I know they are functioning. I also noticed that Fairfield FD is weaker than normal. Is this just normal propagation?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Still going!.......

It has to be something on your end, I hear them both loud and clear here in Ansonia on my PSR310 portable.3-4 signal bars with clear audio.

Manny

Last edited:

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I live in Ansonia and I hear pretty much everyone 5x5 the exception being Easton I have a problem with do to my location in town. I'm lower than where Manny lives.

Could be the after effects of the storm to the propagation or something on your end. Where in Trumbull are you (Nichols, Long Hill, Tashua or Center)?

jsjazz

Long Hill. Stratford and Shelton PD did come back. I think it was propagation. NH was strong as ever. I use an indoor ground plane I built into an antenna amp. The radiator is a RS 800mhz rubber duckie with a bnc to F adaptor. Radials are 6 inch held onto the f connector with a small hose clamp! Works very well on 460mhz as it's pretty much 1/4 wave there. (NH through Fairfield on up to Bethel) Great on 800 (Trumbull, Shelton, cspern, etc...) It sits on a widow sill. I may put something outside someday. It even works well for high band. I get all the Valley pd, Bport FD, Brookfield, Easton, etc... Low band is a bit of a challenge but not much there anymore. Trumbull FD is OK and UI has a very strong repeater. I get some NH county hotline and some Emerg. management (zone 1 and 2) It's a little fussy about where I put it. Even moving it 3 inches will change everything. OK for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.