• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Loudon County Animal control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

They use a p25 talkgroup, but I'm trying to pick it up on a wildcard channel by searching. They are several unknown talkgroups for loudon and was wondering if one was it?

cpetraglia

Premium Subscriber
They don't want to panic the public when tracking big Black Bears. !!
Fairfax Co. encrypted their AC channels. For the life of me, why would one encrypt AC?

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
So you never hear em coming to bust your dog fighting ring.... Or to keep you from shooting them for taking your abused pit bull etc..... I have even seen one city that the only two things they encrypted was Animal Control, and Environmental Services (Municipal/County EPA guys...)

N2AL

They don't want to panic the public when tracking big Black Bears. !!

Fairfax Co. encrypted their AC channels. For the life of me, why would one encrypt AC?

Loudon County encrypts all of their law enforcement and law enforcement related channels, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Not true. If you talking Loudoun Co. VA, I listen all the time to the main SO dispatch TGs.
Does Loudoun have a dedicated TG for their AC folks, or do they use the SO TG's like a lot of other places?
TG 2832 according to database. I don't have it programmed in so I really cant confirm anything.
This thread is located in the Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum and is referencing Loudon County, TENNESSEE, not Loudoun County, VIRGINIA. Also Loudon County, Tennessee uses full time encryption on all law enforcement talk groups.
Just incase there was any confusion.

73 guys.

All of loudon county tn law enforcement talkgroups are not 100% encrypted, they are all mixed some in clear and some encrypted ,I listen to them daily and I hear a bunch of car to car transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.