Loudon County Animal control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
They use a p25 talkgroup, but I'm trying to pick it up on a wildcard channel by searching. They are several unknown talkgroups for loudon and was wondering if one was it?

cpetraglia

They don't want to panic the public when tracking big Black Bears. !!
Fairfax Co. encrypted their AC channels. For the life of me, why would one encrypt AC?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
So you never hear em coming to bust your dog fighting ring.... Or to keep you from shooting them for taking your abused pit bull etc..... I have even seen one city that the only two things they encrypted was Animal Control, and Environmental Services (Municipal/County EPA guys...)

N2AL

They don't want to panic the public when tracking big Black Bears. !!

Fairfax Co. encrypted their AC channels. For the life of me, why would one encrypt AC?

Loudon County encrypts all of their law enforcement and law enforcement related channels, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Does Loudoun have a dedicated TG for their AC folks, or do they use the SO TG's like a lot of other places?

N2AL

Not true. If you talking Loudoun Co. VA, I listen all the time to the main SO dispatch TGs.

Does Loudoun have a dedicated TG for their AC folks, or do they use the SO TG's like a lot of other places?

TG 2832 according to database. I don't have it programmed in so I really cant confirm anything.

This thread is located in the Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum and is referencing Loudon County, TENNESSEE, not Loudoun County, VIRGINIA. Also Loudon County, Tennessee uses full time encryption on all law enforcement talk groups.
Just incase there was any confusion.

73 guys.

SCPD

QRT
All of loudon county tn law enforcement talkgroups are not 100% encrypted, they are all mixed some in clear and some encrypted ,I listen to them daily and I hear a bunch of car to car transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.