Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

The control channel of whatever site you are using may have changed. Go back to the database on this site and get all of the frequencies for that site and put them in and also try frequencies of other sites that may be close enough for you to receive. Let us know what you find out.

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
There seems to have been a control channel change on the Bridge City site. 769.50625 is now operating as a CC. I didn't have all the site frequencies in my config and the site stopped working until I added all the other channels.

Davidarambo

TGID

hi guys,still learning this hobby, but making progress. Thanks for all your help.
How do I find information on this site on Talk Groups. I put my BCD436HP in Trunking Discovery mode and picked up a few. I have the ID and Units numbers off the Scanner. But now where do i locate who they are and where they are from?

jasonk

Feed Provider
Livingston Parish

I cannot find the CC in Livingston parish - I have programmed using the current DB Information. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of Livingston parish ? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Jason

jasonk

Feed Provider
If you are referring to the LWIN CC for Livingston, it is 770.2187. I was listening to it just this morning.

Do you have any trouble monitoring this site ? I tried my 436, G5 unication pager and SDR ... Having no luck.

Jason

teebee

I live in Morgan City area and only able to pick it up when weather conditions are favorable. Last night and this morning were ideal. To answer your question when I am able to receive the signal it works great, so yes it is working as of this morning

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Why do you guys leave off that last digit 5 on the FREQs still? Just curious.

Tim-B

If any of you are trying to find a CC and you know the physical location of that particular site then do this: Park right near the tower, remove your scanner's antenna, turn the squelch to max, and start searching the proper band. With that method only very strong local signals should get through and you should find the CC for that particular site without anything else interfering.

charlie12

If any of you are trying to find a CC and you know the physical location of that particular site then do this: Park right near the tower, remove your scanner's antenna, turn the squelch to max, and start searching the proper band. With that method only very strong local signals should get through and you should find the CC for that particular site without anything else interfering.

I've done that. I know where most of the 700 towers are that I listen to in my part of LA

charlie12

Just noticed a new site listed for Denham Springs. Is that a totally new site or replacing an older site
(Ex. Livingston, etc)

Yep it's in downtown Denham Springs. If you know Denham Springs the tower is between 190 and the train track by James Drug store. It's been up and running a couple months.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Tropical Storm Gordon

Ok guys and gals. Please send me any and all #36Hp's and Whistler audio recordings related
To Tropical storm Gordon.

Also any LWIN UIds that you may also have. Please send them to me in a spreadsheet.

Please send them to me at fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Major thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.