Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

Within the last several weeks the LWIN control channel/s for the Slidell area, 770.20625 & 770.45625, are both off-air. I found this working control channel, 769.34375, which is according to the RR database, located in Buras, LA 68 miles away.

I'm getting a S9 signal with a stubby antenna on my PRO-106 handheld. Could the CC be coming off the Slidell tower?

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Check and make sure it's not one of the mobile sites. They are reconfiguring the towers in St. Tammany Parish preparing them to be a several site simulcast.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Once the Simulcast goes live, you will have issues unless you have an 436/536, WS1080 etc... or Yagi type ant. Multipath Distortion is an PITA.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Lots of change ups...

OK have recieved a lot of new data, which has been updated,... but now need you guys to do some monitoring and checking with Pro96Com, Unitrunker etc... Apparently Bossier City has converted.. Thats from SEIC.... Need the freqs now in use at the new LWIN site... etc....

There are a couple of new sites about to come online, one in Z3, possibly another in Z4, and the former South Metro Simulcast has been split into separate stand alone sites... We have the new 202, but need the other 2 sites that were part of that cell. Also note that the EBR area has changed and at least 2 sites merged with each other, thus eliminating the multiple stand alones.... The St. Tam simulcast has also added other sites and other changes are forthcomming.

Elfnetdesigns

NW Louisiana Changes for security

Bossier City has moved to 700MHz and are digital. I do not have means to monitor them at this time because I have been in Los Angeles for E3 all week.

As far as I know Bossier City changed because people have been posting their info online. From experience of working in communications in the past in that area, this town does not like people listening in on them and rumor has it they are about to implement some sort of digital voice encryption as a security measure.

Shreveport and Caddo Parish are still on the analog 800MHz system but here in a couple year they are going on the LWiN and following Bossier Cities example with making things encrypted so people cannot listen in easily there either.

red8

Maybe someone can help me. I am looking for the City Constable Office for Baton Rouge. Are they on LWIN? And if so ? What is their TGID? I have a Uniden 396 XT.
Many thanks,
Red8

EyesofDeath

Premium Subscriber
I cant pick up the Tallulah tower control channel anymore. I am picking up the Transylvania tower extremely well now though. Is it possible that the Tallulah Tower has been changed to the Transylvania frequencies? The Transylvania tower is in East Carroll Parish. Im in Madison Parish where the Tallulah Tower should be the strongest for me.

Thanks

EyesofDeath

Premium Subscriber
Went through Tulullah twice last week. Was working fine for me. I see no changes as far as control channels for any sites in N.E.La. as of last week. All work working fine.

Thanks, yea I took my PSR-800 into Tallulah with me and it was working. Still cant pick the Tallulah Tower up at home for some reason though. Im only like 5 miles outside of town.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
UIDs Needed

Does anyone have any either LWIN UIDs (Id'd) and/or 436/536 HP user audio files).

If you have any UIDs please send them in an excell (XLS) spreadsheet and the audio files to this address: fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Tim-B

In the database there are a number of talkgroup name abbreviations that I can't figure out. Does anyone know what the following abbreviations stand for?

Under department of health and hospitals:
HSRA
LERN
CCP
RSS
SEET

Under state fire marshals:
FSR

Under Assumption Parish:
PRAT

Under Calcasieu Parish Sheriff:
CAT
ACTT

Under East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff:
SCAT

Thanks

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Under department of health and hospitals:
HSRA - Heath Resources Safety Administration
LERN - Louisiana Emergency Response Network
CCP - Center for Community Preparedness
RSS - Really Simple Syndication
SEET - Section of Environmental Epidemiology and Toxicology

Under state fire marshals:
FSR - Fire Safe Regulations

Under Assumption Parish:
PRAT - Position Race and Threats

Under Calcasieu Parish Sheriff:
CAT - Combined Anti-Drug Team
ACTT - Anti-Crime Tactics and Training (SWAT or SRT equivalent)

Under East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff:
SCAT - Special Community Anti -Crime Team

Google is a wonderful thing!

Tim-B

Ok, thanks. Someone is on top of their game.

That one abbreviation - RSS - Really Simple Syndication - wtf??

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
RSS is probably the Office of Public Health Reception, Staging and Storing site

Tim-B

Hey you guys that live in the Troop E area can you check and see if the sites that you can recieve have correct control channel frequencies in the RR database? I found three in the Troop I area that have changed CC frequencies several months ago and are continuously those frequencies since then. I submitted that data for update in the database but I am out of range of Troop E and I am trying to update the CC's in a few scanners so they will be ready when I go on the road in that area.

Technoguy58

C.C. Frequencies

I just checked the frequencies you submitted with the frequencies I have for Lafayette, Ville Platte, Opelousas, and Acadia parishes and the only difference I see is whether a specific frequency is a primary or secondary C.C.. My guess is that you are only programming the primary C.C. into your radio. You should consider loading all the C.C. frequencies into your radio. The primary C.C. frequencies alternate with secondary frequencies occasionally. If you do this then you will always have access to the site no matter what C.C. is being used. I go to Alexandria (Troop E) every week at least once and all the info for sites up I-49 to Alex and east or west of I-49 are correct as of this week. I'll be taking a trip up to the Natchitoches area and will verify site info up there soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.