Louisville Police LOJACK On 453.575MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
This morning I heard some traffic on an LMPD freq that I've never heard anything on before.It was on 453.575 and what I heard was a recording that kept repeating "Motor Car Theft...Motor Car Theft".It was wierd and I have never heard anything like it before so can anyone tell me if it was a LOJACK system or something else?

BigDog-911

That channel was bridged with the former JCPD Command channel and has been used for different details. I have never heard anything like that come across the channel before but will try and check into it. I am almost certain that we do not have any lojack systems in place. But then I have been on vacation and a lot can change overnight let alone a week or so.

BigDog-911

Not that I have been made aware of. But who knows. I will check this evening and see what I can come up with.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
Iheard it again today but only a couple of time and the signal was weaker then last time but it was the same message, "motor vehicle theft in progress...motor vehicle theft in progress".I still have no idea what it is.

kg4yyr

Metro PD is using BAIT VEHICLES for auto theft operations......what you're hearing is most likely related to the operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.