Lower Bucks County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky19053

Premium Subscriber
All right, I hate asking stupid questions however with my newbie status in this hobby I’m struggling with my Uniden BCT8. And when I say struggling I’m talking several weeks of reading up on the subject. I have run the firmware update and can see or program E2 custom now.
I purchased a copy of BuTel ACR8 with the hopes of simplifying things. Being able to download is frequencies is a big help but I’m still not catching the trunking action in my neck of the woods.
I have tried setting the trunk configuration to E2 UHF and get the most noise with this setting but all I hear is motor boating or what mimics a Motorola type II Smart net when not programed correctly.
From what I can tell lower bucks county PA should be Motorola type II smartnet. What I'm looking to listen in on is the local police and fire.

I would really appreciate your time and help!
Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The Bucks County Motorola Type II system uses P25 digital voice. The BCT8 is an analog scanner, so while it will track the system, it can't decode the digital voice.

Sparky19053

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply. Anyone interisted in fairly new BCT8?
Would you be able to recoment a desktop scanner that woud decod digital voice?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not in the habit of recommending scanners, too many variables. I'd suggest heading over to the PA section and ask the locals what scanners they use on the system and what pros/cons they might have for each model.

Status
Not open for further replies.