Lower rio grande valley radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire1429

Ok hear is my question on this site I have been monitoring the Willacy county site and just yesterday a new pd came on line and it was San Benito pd but now that I'm in San Benito I programmed the cameron (rancho viejo) site and there came up the I'd 61950 loud and clear but if I'm on the Willacy site I don't get good reception ... Why don't I hear any Willacy county traffic on the Cameron site as I do on the Willacy site

al95

Ok hear is my question on this site I have been monitoring the Willacy county site and just yesterday a new pd came on line and it was San Benito pd but now that I'm in San Benito I programmed the cameron (rancho viejo) site and there came up the I'd 61950 loud and clear but if I'm on the Willacy site I don't get good reception ... Why don't I hear any Willacy county traffic on the Cameron site as I do on the Willacy site

It might be an antenna issuse. I'd got the same id 61950 just yesterady also. I live in Brownsville and can sometimes hear the willacy id it also depends on the weather.

fire1429

What site are u monitoring ???? The I'd is San Benito pd ...now that I have been monitoring it for the past 20 min I have heard Willacy so on the rancho viejo site .....so I'm guessing it's another tower sight ...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Why don't I hear any Willacy county traffic on the Cameron site as I do on the Willacy site

That's how trunking systems work. If no one on the Willacy talkgroups is affiliated with the Cameron County (Rancho Viejo) site, then that site won't carry the conversations that aren't necessary. Imagine if every large trunked system carried every system talkgroup on every site 100% of the time (it'd defeat the reason they developed trunking), so the sites only carry conversation depending on the local user affiliations. If I'm affiliated to the Cameron County site, and I drive in to Willacy County both sites would carry the conversation (assuming there is still someone using the Cameron County site on that talkgroup).

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
...now that I have been monitoring it for the past 20 min I have heard Willacy so on the rancho viejo site ...

You noticed this because a deputy was getting better control channel reception from the Rancho Viejo site, and his radio switched over to the stronger control channel (RV). He might still be in Willacy County (and receiving the Willacy County control channel poorly) or he might be closer to the RV site. That's the beauty of trunking systems.

fire1429

I understand what ur saying so which ever site their radio is clOser to is what their radio will use ...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Generally. In actuality it's whatever site they're getting the best control channel reception from, which might not necessarily be the closest site.

fire1429

Al95 have u heard any traffic on the sbpd I'd I have not heard any thing in like a day or so and I have not heard them on their old system ??? Was wondering where they went ????

Status
Not open for further replies.