LRRP Usage in DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone:
I wonder if someone can explain to me what the heck is LRRP and how do you use it. It looks like the MAP files for FMP, but nothing seems to happen. The Map files work as they should and show on the map whatever frequency I enter into DSD+. I have been wondering about what LRRP is and how to use it for months now, just never got around to posting it to ask. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Markb

Premium Subscriber
LRRP stands for Location Request Response Protocol.
You first must find a DMR system that is using LRRP, which will show up as location (LOCN) reports with GPS coords in DSDPlus).
If you find such a system, you would open LRRP.exe and the location data would be plotted on the map.

That's it in a nutshell.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Additionally, I have a couple of conventional DMR channels belonging to local school districts that broadcast LRRP data for their buses.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Thank you SlicerWizard:
I was wondering if you can post a screenschot of what the DSD+ event screen window is receiving when receiving LRRP data. I don't think I have ever known about it until now and I would like to recognize it the next time I see it. Thanks so much.

slicerwizard

DMR LRRP and NXDN AVL:

lMRAfhD.png

hQDUsuu.jpg

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
DMR LRRP and NXDN AVL:

Thanks again slicerwizard. That's looked very interesting to watch. I have found one frequency here that I
have seen LRRP in DSD+, but didn't know what it was at the time. I've been monitoring the freq for several
days and whatever it is, is very inactive. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something that I can test it out on. I will be looking for LRRP and LOCN lines in my logs from now on!

slicerwizard

They are the data points.

Yellow = last update

Green = older update (don't know why there are several shades of green - old and very old?)

Circle = stationary

Wedge = moving

Wedge size = speed

Wedge orientation = direction

vince48

Premium Subscriber
slicerwizard
Thank u so much for your knowledge! You help (as other members) all of us on this forum. You are very much appreciated.

Happy New Year Too All

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I found my answer to my question .... Type "?" over the map to get a list of commands....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.