LTR Trunking with Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

It is compatible with LTR systems, the 197 is operationally identical to the PSR 600 the only differences are cosmetic.

qlajlu

Silent Key
The RadioShack Pro-197 specs do not state that it is compatable with LTR trunking systems.
(at least that I can find)

From the RR.Wiki, general specs on the Pro-197:

The Pro-197 is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.

The Radio Shack PRO-197 is a Digital Trunk Tracking scanner which boasts the ability to track APCO 25 digital trunking systems, in addition to following Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems. It is very similar to the GRE PSR-600.

From page 14 of the Pro-197's Owner's Manual:

Multi-System Trunking – Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.

LTR Home Repeater AutoMove – Takes the guesswork out of programming LTR trunking systems when the home repeater order is not known. Enter the LTR system frequencies in any order, and the PRO-197 will automatically move the frequencies to the proper home repeater slots as transmissions are received on the system.

Last edited:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Mine does LTR fine and another bonus is the LTR home channel feature. Its like a couple of the older RS scanner that shows what position/channel the LTR freq belongs and will move it there by pushing the softkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.