Luzerne co radio upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB3DYE

Silent Key
heres more

The following is a reply from an official of the 911 center:

Yes, there are actually two tower projects that we are working on in the southern part of the county as part of the County Radio Project. I believe you are familiar with that study and project.

White Haven tower site, Foster Township: This is the project where we are replacing a smaller 60 ft. guyed tower with a 180 ft. self-supporting tower. This was a project that was actually looked at in the early 2000’s, but has just now come to fruition. There are coverage issues in this area including White Haven Borough and the higher tower will allow us to use directional antennas to improve this coverage. Also, Microwave path issues, surrounding trees are higher than the current tower and obstruct that path.

Hazleton: We are going to be erecting a 180 ft. self-supporting tower on property that is owned by the Hazleton Water Authority. Multiple reasons for this project as well: Dirty RF signals at current site causing a great deal of interference, Microwave transport issues, eliminating 2 sites for one while providing better coverage to the southern most areas of the county. You may recall officials from Hazleton City and West Hazleton Borough reporting poor coverage several years ago and we put in a satellite site in that area to help alleviate. This site will eliminate the need for the secondary site while providing better coverage and be further away from the dirty RF that we are currently right on top of.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
This upgrade scares me. This county can't do anything right. No way they are going to be able to pull off something like this without major problems.

Oh, 10-22 that. This is just tower construction? I give that about a 25-50% chance of completing with no major issues then. I thought this was going to be about the new radio system. If anybody can make PSP and the OpenScam look competent it will be this county.

Status
Not open for further replies.