• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M/Acom P7100ip P25 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Need some help to figure out a problem I have with a P7100.

I'm trying to setup a radio on a P25 trunking system, and all I see on the display is CCscan, then BNDscan.

Here's what I have.

I have a known good p7100, that works fine. I got a second p7100, and programmed it the same as the first, and that's when I get the ccscan. It's not finding the control channel.
I do have a valid radio id on the system.
Both radios have the same feature set, and have 33/39

Here are the specs of the 2 radios:

Known good radio:
DSP-F7R06H03
FLSH-J2R18F04

Problem Radio:
DSP-F9R06N05
FLSH-J2R18H09

Also using RPM ver:10.2.1.7
Unfortunately don't have an option to update.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Do you have an EDACS system in range to monitor?

If so, set up that system in both radios and enable the FCC menu option.

Using the FCC menu option you can get a reading on the frequency error between
each radio and the control channel frequency.

If one radio is way off, odds are that it will have a hard time hearing the P25 control channel.

The radio's master oscillator can be adjusted in the radio maintenance tools. Read the frequency error off the display, make a note of it, adjust the reference oscillator by say 5 points (it's in tracking data), write the new tracking data to the radio, read the error again, and you'll know which way the adjustment needs to go and get an idea of how much.

Ideally you want the measured error to be less than 250 Hz. Perfect would be zero Hz, but 250 or less is sufficient for normal operation.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we don't have an Edacs system, thats in range. That was my first thought, that the radio was off freq. So I programmed in a conventional frequency, and checked it with my service monitor. I got it at about 150hz off.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Sorry, but macom's are still a weak point. Pretty much a Motorola/Kenwood person. I know my way around the software enough to do basic programming.
Whats the procedure to do that?

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Use the ProGrammer (not RPM) radio maintenance tools, connect the "donor" radio, and choose "Read code from radio" (or it says something similar, it's been a while since I did it) and then "save radio code to file" afterwards.

Then do the same thing for the ADI/DSP code. Read code from radio, save code to file.

Then you use RPM/ProGrammer to reprogram your radio and select the new radio code and DSP files you just saved, in the box that pops up just before you actually program the radio.

RPM's radio maintenance tools do not allow you to download and save the code from the radio, you have to use the ProGrammer radio maintenance utility to do that.

If you don't have the ProGrammer radio maintenance utilities, someone can just send you the files you need.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Thank you for the info. I will try that, and see what happens.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I'm NOT sure if the later editions of ProGrammer still had the ability to download and save radio code and DSP files. I know that functionality was removed from the radio maintenance tools that are part of RPM, though.

ProGrammer 18 can do it. But above 18, I don't know.

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Well, looks like the saga continues. I have version 20, of ProGrammer. It no longer has the utility.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
You'll have to get a copy of 18 and install it on an entirely separate computer due to conflicts between the two versions. 18 and below do not require license keys to install.

I checked my library and I don't have the specific DSP and radio code versions in your radios, unfortunately, but I have plenty that are newer or older.

F9 code is the best for your radio because it supports all digital formats the radio is capable of.
Provoice, Aegis, DES, AES....

rjschilder

Sorry to bump this old thread, but does anyone have the F9R06N05 or newer F9 dsp? I'm trying to recover a radio and I can't find the dsp to save my soul.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.