• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M5300 to ITA2000 Tone Remote cable pin-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

njtaz76

Hello...

I am attempting to figure out the wiring to connect an M5300 (via 44-Pin option cable, using the DB25 connector) to an ITA2000 tone remote. I am attempting to connect this to a radio console.

After a few attempts at the wiring, I'm just lost I guess...

I have attached 2 PDFs, one for the M5300 wiring and one for the ITA user guide... any assistance as to which pins need to be tied together... thank you!

Attachments

• m5300-cablepin.pdf
    5.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ITA2000manual.pdf
    586.5 KB · Views: 164

njtaz76

Yes! :) lol

TX and RX.... I really am not sure which pins need to match between the M5300 and ITA2000 Radio port interface...

Thank you :)

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Try this:

Harris Radio ITA2000
PTT Pin 21 PTT Pin 6
COR Pin 22 COR Pin 2
TX Audio Pin 11 Pin 12
RX Audio Pin 13 Pin 3
GND Pin 1 Pin 4

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Just know there is no fixed level output on the Harris radio so your receive level will depend on the volume control of the radio. You'll also need to make these programming changes.

1. Under External IO Options, Program External Mute, active high output 1.
2. Program Aux Input 1 for PTT.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
You might be able to get a fixed discriminator output on pin 12 or 16 in which case you would put switch SW2-1 down instead of up on the ITA2000.

njtaz76

Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH! I was just doing all the wiring and then realized I would likely have to change the programming some.. and I forgot my programming license fob at home today... but I will be doing the reprogramming tomorrow morning and see how it goes. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Off the wall question.... you don't know of any information on getting the information displayed on the LCD of the radio to be fed over the serial or db25 cable, do you? I've called TAC and have gotten the run around... Thanks again for your help!!

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
No I don't believe you can anything like that.

Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH! I was just doing all the wiring and then realized I would likely have to change the programming some.. and I forgot my programming license fob at home today... but I will be doing the reprogramming tomorrow morning and see how it goes. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Off the wall question.... you don't know of any information on getting the information displayed on the LCD of the radio to be fed over the serial or db25 cable, do you? I've called TAC and have gotten the run around... Thanks again for your help!!

DisasterGuy

There is a way to get data from the radio via serial. Catalyst Communications has done it but the custom built the programming interface

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

njtaz76

Hi Motomeso,

So I have gotten the radio to transmit audio out to the console via the ITA2000 ... I did have to jumper RX Audio Ground to Pin 4 on the ITA2000.

I am not able to get the radio to transmit though. I have doublechecked M5300 Pin 21 to ITA Pin 6, External IO is has Aux Input 1 to PTT, I put the jumper (JU2) on the ITA2000 to the A position and back to B. Nothing seems to be working, as the radio will not go into PTT mode.

Any other thoughts? I have to check the voltage output still from the ITA, as that will be my next step once I get a volt meter handy.

THANK YOU!

DisasterGuy, I know there is a way over the serial, and that's what I was trying to figure out. More of a fun project for me, but I cannot seem to figure out the command to activate it. Thanks :)

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Hi njtaz76,

When you PTT on your console do you see the PTT light come on the ITA2000? If you jumper pin 21 of the M5300 to ground does the radio PTT?

njtaz76

I'm not even utilizing the console to TX ... using a mic attached to ITA2000.

Yes, when I jumper 21 to ground, it goes into TX mode..

njtaz76

So, in testing:

with JU2 set to B on the ITA, it is always outputting 13v and when keys up, it drops to near 0. If I switch it to A, then its 0v and jumps to 13v.... but will not key up radio...

njtaz76

I think I narrowed it down to a bad wire between the ITA and the radio DB25. I'll report back once I replace all of that. THANK YOU!

njtaz76

Just an update, on Friday I have it mostly working except that I am not getting audio out yet to the radio. I'm going to check all that this morning and will send an update. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Try pins 15 or 24 and see if either of those work.

Just an update, on Friday I have it mostly working except that I am not getting audio out yet to the radio. I'm going to check all that this morning and will send an update. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

njtaz76

I ended up going with pin 24. Everything is working now. I will post my final pinout. I also had to ground the RX and TX audio. I am hoping it is the same on the XG-25M as I need to get that working next. :) I will test the cabling on there tomorrow. Thank you again !!

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Excellent! The ITA2000 is suppose to tie the TX & RX low to Pin 4 internally but I guess that wasn't the case. I'm glad you got it up and running.

I ended up going with pin 24. Everything is working now. I will post my final pinout. I also had to ground the RX and TX audio. I am hoping it is the same on the XG-25M as I need to get that working next. :) I will test the cabling on there tomorrow. Thank you again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.