• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MA/Com M7100 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have recently started playing with a MA/Com M7100 radio that my local PD uses. I have the software and am trying to figure out some of the features.

1) During scan mode if the radio picks up a active channel the radio will remain on that channel until the activity has gone and the hang timer lapses. My radio is getting a clicking sound during the transmissions. It sounds like a radio is searching for activity on the Priority Channel. However this sound is occurring about 3-4 times a second and I have my priority scan set to 1.0.

2) I cannot get my option button working on the keypad. Tried moving the settings to several different options or features with no success.

3) In order to have new features added on the radio such as P25 Conventional does this come as a downloaded file or something over email or do I have to ship it to the manufactured?

Thanks,

Brandon

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
1. Is this a conventional system? Digital/P25? Is the active channel non-priority?

2. When you program the radio, another window pops up to select Radio Code and DSP (if you want to change them) there is another button there Mobile Options, from there you check the box to write config to the control head (system or scan whichever you had) Any time you change the config for the control head you need to write it with that step.

3. New features are usually given via email and consist of a code that is entered in the Radio Maint app.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
The system is programmed as a P25 system with some conventional channels. Some of the channels are worse than others where the pulsating symptom completely cuts out the receiving audio. Other channels you can still understand the receiving audio but definitely hear this pulse in the background. I suppose it could be my power supply I am running it off of but I really don't think that is the case.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I've seen an issue similar to this with mixed P25/analog channels scanning at the same time. What version of RadioCode/DSP are you running? The last version seemed to fix those issues.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am not real familiar with the MA/Com radios. The ProGrammer software version I am using is R18B02.

Status
Not open for further replies.