Maccon-Bibb

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerryEng1

Hello. New to the area and can not hear Macon-Bibb Fire. I know it's available because I can hear it on broadcastify. I have all the latest updates on my BCD536HP. I admittedly am using the "Nation Wide Full data base" So I don't know if that's the issue. I really hope I don't need to manually enter anything as I'm not that radio savvy unfortunately. I am Also getting nothing but static on some other area County systems. I am also using the most recent version of the 36HP Sentinal. Any assistance would be great.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7748

i would check the freq list in your receiver to make sure you have everything thats listed on the cgirrs for macon-bibb (don't add monroe because the towers and traffic are linked to each other). its also harris simulcast. when i had a 536, it was impossible to pickup that system just from the county line and i had long returned that radio because it had horrible reception like the past uniden models i tried.

DerryEng1

Will I be able to cut and paste the info into the sentinel program to upload to the scanner? A new scanner is definitely not an option right now.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Also, something comes to mind as to why you might have had your problems with the default database in your receiver.

There's 2 YE licenses that they use. One is the old system (WNVR832 on system 1B6) before migrating to Harris (which is now used for transportation and whatnot, all non-public safety) and the Harris system (WPXX405 on system 00A) they now use for all public safety (also linked with Monroe county).

Attached is a color-coded spreadsheet that I whipped up with many wrong entries between the licenses and the systems. Other channels on 1B6 that haven't shown at the time are probably on the wrong system as well because there was no radio traffic and I didn't wait around for anything to come in when I put this together.

maconbibb.PNG

Attachments

• maconbibb.PNG
    maconbibb.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 5

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Cool. I will occasionally pass through Macon on the way home from KATL, and stay the night if it's too late and I'm too tired. I'll stop by long enough to run one of the trunking decoders, likely this week.

mjbjr

I was thinking I might need to check my frequency I have plugged in tonight. They were at my apartment complex (kid.pulled fire alarm) and couldn't here them talking to dispatch. Clearly I heard the conversation over their truck radio though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I listened to the public safety system (system ID 00A) on Friday. I could not find a control channel for the other Bibb Co. system (oh, well).

From PRO96COM...for the Bibb County portion of the two-county TRS
System ID 00A, WACN 92589, RFSS 10, Site 10 were confirmed. Since we know it's a Harris branded TRS, it was no surprise to find this:

855.2375 control channel
854.0625 alternate control (AC) & voice channel (V)
854.7125 AC, V, and data (D) channel
855.4875 AC & V
855.5875 AC, V, & D
855.8875 AC & V
855.9875 AC & V
856.2375 AC & V
856.2625 AC
856.5875 AC
856.9875 AC
857.4875 AC

Bottom line, it matches with the expected frequencies from the WPXX405 assignment. If you put control channels into your scanner/radio, make sure to place all of these in the proper place.

Reactions: RRR

mjbjr

If I need to add to the scanner, let me know. I'll try and get them in while on vacation

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
If you're still picking up, you're fine. The 00A CC just switched back to 854.0625 within the last few days.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Macon-Bibb co transit and such is on the "CGRRN" system as well, in the 1XX talkgroups. Talkgroups on that system are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.