Macon County Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trwmodela

I spend 4 months per year in Macon County just outside the City of Franklin. My plans are to monitor all fire and EMS frequencies from a handheld analog trunking scanner. I have both digital and analog trunking scanners. The closest Fire Station is Mount Valley VFD just a short walk from the RV Resort. Radio Reference Data base indicates a Fire dispatch freq of 453.3500 and each Fire Company has a freq assigned to them. I see Franklin and Highlands have there own Fire dispatch frequencies.

Does anyone know if the common Fire dispatch freq is used for all County Fire Companies? Also what channel/freq are each Fire Company using when responding and on scene?

Thank you,
Tim (retired professional Firefighter)

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Macon County

Welcome to Macon County!

Actually, I live in Atlanta but have a home in Macon County and plan to retire there later this year. I have been monitoring Macon Co for over 10 years. Macon County Fire Dispatch is on 453.350 MHz (151.4). Virtually ALL emergency traffic is on the channel unless they happen to have multiple incidents, which is very rare. Each VFD does have a TAC channel but as best as I can tell, those are used for only departmental non-emergency conversations. There are multiple repeaters for the frequencies since Macon County, as you've probably seen, is blessed with numerous mountain peaks of over 4,000 feet. Generally speaking, if you will monitor 453.350 you will hear all the county fire radio traffic. You should also plan to monitor:

460.225 (DCS 023) Franklin Police
460.3125 (136.5) Macon County Sheriff
155.355 (94.8) MAMA2 (trauma helo based in Franklin)
155.220 (94.8) Macon County EMS

PM me if you would like more detailed information. We should plan to get together once we both are in Macon Co.

Mike
"Metrofire31
Atlanta
WQIT636

Status
Not open for further replies.