Madison County CNYICC

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Talk Group 7215 was busy today. It sounded like a highway crew directing traffic. I never heard the identity or name of the department. Any ideas?

I also heard Talk Group 65024. They identified themselves as Radio Service Test.

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
7215 is another Madison County Highway channel for sure. No idea what channel number it would be for them. As for the 65 series talkgroups; those are Oneida County. Probably just testing interoperability if you only heard radio service.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Four new discoveries on the Madison County system:

7214 Towns Highway Department
7216 Towns Highway Department
65024 Utica PD Dispatch
7431 unknown fire department

So why is TGID 65024 on the Madison system? I recorded a lot of traffic and verified this is indeed the Utica PD. Thoughts?

Does anyone know what TGID 7431 belongs to?

othb1234

Premium Subscriber

65024 Utica PD Dispatch

So why is TGID 65024 on the Madison system? I recorded a lot of traffic and verified this is indeed the Utica PD. Thoughts?

I have logged the following

7312 SOMAC AMB (Southern Madison County)
7431 Deruyter FD
7434 Georgetown FD
7447 Fire Training Ch.
7448 Eaton FD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber

65024 Utica PD Dispatch

7431 Deruyter FD
7434 Georgetown FD
7447 Fire Training Ch.
7448 Eaton FD

Okay, let us take a step back for a minute... 65024 is an Oneida County TG, but is NOT Utica PD. Utica PD is correctly listed as 65084 for dispatch and 65083 for data, which are the only two channels utilized for dispatching Utica PD units. I’m not sure what you heard or how it was broadcast, but it is not Utica and I can’t think of a reason for UPD to be broadcast in any of the current consortium Counties. And I agree with 7431 being DeRuyter Fire, etc except that I have 7447 stored as Wampsville Fire. As for 7214 & 7216 are you hearing any town or village names? I’m curious how these channels were developed, be it by zones or towns/villages.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Hi Andy,

I uploaded the Madison County Discover files to my Google share for your review. Please pay attention to TGID 65024. The addresses referenced in the recordings are indeed Utica NY. This was recorded on the Madison County P25 system. So... what am I overlooking?

Madison_Cty - Google Drive

Scott

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
Hi Andy,

I uploaded the Madison County Discover files to my Google share for your review. Please pay attention to TGID 65024. The addresses referenced in the recordings are indeed Utica NY. This was recorded on the Madison County P25 system. So... what am I overlooking?

Madison_Cty - Google Drive

Scott

Scott,

If you notice, on 65024, you only hear the dispatcher, which is a dead giveaway. I am going to make an educated guess and say that the dispatcher you hear was multi-selected and accidentally selected 65024 - A County channel in addition to UPD channels. Simple error. Dispatch has the ability to mutli-select, which transmits over multiple TGs, but does not allow traffic to pass between the TGs or they can PATCH TGs which does allow two-way comms between selected TGs.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber

7431 Deruyter FD
7434 Georgetown FD
7447 Fire Training Ch.
7448 Eaton FD

othb1234 - Are you planning on submitting these TGIDs to the RR database?

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
othb1234 - Thanks for the submission.

Andy - in regards to 7214 and 7216, these are highway department transmissions between flagmen. I didn't hear them identify the name of their departments, just their personal names (Jim, Harry, Kevin, etc...). Since we already have existing generic tags in the database, maybe we should continue to use this until someone hears something specific.

7214 MC Town Hwy 7214 Towns Highway Department Public Works
7216 MC Town Hwy 7216 Towns Highway Department Public Works

If you guys disagree, please say so.

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
Andy - in regards to 7214 and 7216, these are highway department transmissions between flagmen. I didn't hear them identify the name of their departments, just their personal names (Jim, Harry, Kevin, etc...). Since we already have existing generic tags in the database, maybe we should continue to use this until someone hears something specific.

7214 MC Town Hwy 7214 Towns Highway Department Public Works
7216 MC Town Hwy 7216 Towns Highway Department Public Works

If you guys disagree, please say so.

I don’t have an issue with that. My only thing is that during one of the transmissions one of the guys said we need to change channels because we are “on the County” which makes me think these channels are a Countywide DPW TG set or potentially just a County Highway channel. I’m attempting to confirm with contacts in the field the number of channels available to them on the radios.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Since we already have existing generic tags in the database, maybe we should continue to use this until someone hears something specific.
I don’t have an issue with that.
Let me weigh in, as a dbadmin. If we can figure out more specifics for these talkgroups, that is obviously preferable to having a bunch of talkgroups listed with the same generic description. This is the first I'm hearing of the Highway talkgroups being used by flagmen, which would've been something to include in previous submissions.

I've left notes on submissions made by some in this thread which have not been replied to. I just made a thread regarding this yesterday that you guys should take a look at, please. I do everything possible to make sure that the best data gets into the database for all of you to enjoy, so please help me help you. Thanks.

othb1234

Premium Subscriber
I don’t have an issue with that. My only thing is that during one of the transmissions one of the guys said we need to change channels because we are “on the County” which makes me think these channels are a Countywide DPW TG set or potentially just a County Highway channel. I’m attempting to confirm with contacts in the field the number of channels available to them on the radios.

All, I have also heard flagging on 7213. (unknown highway dept)
Also RR database lists TGID 115 as Law Inter-County. I have in the past and today heard it referenced as Law Wide.
Gary

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
All, I have also heard flagging on 7213. (unknown highway dept)
Also RR database lists TGID 115 as Law Inter-County. I have in the past and today heard it referenced as Law Wide.
Gary

You’re correct about TG 115. It is Law wide, commonly referred to as L-Wide. This is for law enforcement agencies between counties.

D

DaveNF2G

IMO, L-WIDE would be a channel label, and Intercounty would be a description.

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
IMO, L-WIDE would be a channel label, and Intercounty would be a description.

I think that describing it that way is too close to the law intercom which is 911 to 911 for law purposes. The official use for L-Wide is as an interagency throughout the consortium. However, while working as a dispatcher, I have previously, on occasion heard agencies that reside within the same County utilize this talkgroup. I do agree, however, that L-Wide would be the channel label.

W2ZXN

Premium Subscriber
I've left notes on submissions made by some in this thread which have not been replied to. I just made a thread regarding this yesterday that you guys should take a look at, please. I do everything possible to make sure that the best data gets into the database for all of you to enjoy, so please help me help you. Thanks.

I just now saw your note. Let me first say that I’m sorry I missed that, but second, when you submit or correct information, it requires you to choose a County. I guess I didn’t realize that information is not part of what an dbadmin sees. I wonder how many others had assumed the same.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just now saw your note. Let me first say that I’m sorry I missed that, but second, when you submit or correct information, it requires you to choose a County. I guess I didn’t realize that information is not part of what an dbadmin sees. I wonder how many others had assumed the same.
Submissions for conventional stuff goes to the county, and we can see that. Submissions for trunked systems go to the system itself, with no county indicated. Since the CNYICC TRS covers five counties, it's not always clear where talkgroups or info belongs unless specified in the submission itself. The IDs were in the Madison County range, and searching each showed them to actually be in Madison, so I took care of it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.