madison county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritter06

Premium Subscriber
is anyone getting anything from Madison county or have they gone full encrypted?

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Fire is not generally encrypted, so if you are not hearing any fire traffic it is probably not encryption. Madison county used to be multicast over the sites located in Bonneville county, but that stopped a while back. Multicasting of Fremont and Clark counties has also stopped. Are you able to hear any Clark or Fremont county traffic? They use some of the same transmitter sites as Madison.

Depending on where your located and which transmitter site you were picking up, it could be changes to the control frequencies., although I am not aware of any changes made to the FCC database as far as frequencies go.

I'll have to look into this and see if I can find out what has happened.

Dave

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Currently, there seems to be a lot of encrypted traffic on Madison TG 33002 (Law 2) and no traffic on TG 33001 (Law 1). I am assuming either temporarily or permanently Madison Law has switched to fully encrypted Law 2 as their primary TG. This may or may not change.

Madison Fire/EMS TGs are not encrypted at this time and can still be monitored.

Ritter06

Premium Subscriber
I am not getting anything from Madison county except for Madison fire 33051. I drive around Madison, Fremont and Jefferson county for my job everyday but can’t get any traffic from Madison except 33051. Couple times a day law 2 will pop up but nothin from 33001. Im guessing Fremont law 2 is primary because I’ve never been able to get much from them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.