Madison question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XN4Sir

Getting ready to program my Uniden SDS100. I’m in Madison and don’t see any of the city codes in the Sentinel lists. Do the MSWIN codes have to be loaded through an ARC file? I haven’t been scanning since the 90’s, so bear with me. This is like going from a dial telephone straight to iPhone technology for me.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Codes???? Are you talking sites? Freqs? Talkgroups? You can use Sentinel which is the Uniden Software for the BCD436HP, BCD536HP and SDS100.

XN4Sir

Codes???? Are you talking sites? Freqs? Talkgroups? You can use Sentinel which is the Uniden Software for the BCD436HP, BCD536HP and SDS100.

I found the Madison talk groups I was looking for. Just had to dig into the MSWIN a little deeper and get more familiar with Sentinel. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All the talkgroups for what you are looking for are listed in the database of RR.

Be Safe
Yes, but he has to feed them into the scanner via Sentinel. Which he has learned how to do it looks like. Which can be a challenge in itself to begin with. :) I was just very confused by the terminology and phrasing he used in his post. Oh well, on with the show! :D

XN4Sir

Yes, but he has to feed them into the scanner via Sentinel. Which he has learned how to do it looks like. Which can be a challenge in itself to begin with. :) I was just very confused by the terminology and phrasing he used in his post. Oh well, on with the show! :D

I appreciate yall’s willingness to help someone that’s fallen behind in the scanner technology. I was a combat computer and communications technician in the Air Force in the 80s. Got a lot of catching up to do. The PD I worked at had the second 800 trunking system in Mississippi.

biglogdog

Yes now that the additional coverage was given as requested. :)

I'll believe it when I see it... Lets just hope they don't go crazy with encryption like Rankin SO. I know for a fact they swapped to NXDN because there weren't any NXDN compatible scanners at the time.

Last edited:

XN4Sir

I'll believe it when I see it... Lets just hope they don't go crazy with encryption like Rankin SO. I know for a fact they swapped to NXDN because there weren't any NXDN compatible scanners at the time.

D
I decided not to pay for the upgrade for that very reason. Having a tough enough time learning how to get Sentinel jibing with MSWIN.

biglogdog

I would suggest buying the NXDN upgrade for the SDS100. At least you will be able to hear Madison SO. They are alot more enjoyable to listen to than Madison PD, unless you're into listening to running tags all day. I think it was only $30 when I upgraded. It took a while to figure out the sentinel program, but it isn't that bad once you figure it out. The best thing to do is create new favorites lists and manually add your system into the favorites list. You need to assign the system you create a quick key. Once you power on the scanner, just enter the key (0-9, .) and press enter and it should begin to scan the sites you program. I would only program in the Lake Cavalier site and play from there to start off with.

XN4Sir

I would suggest buying the NXDN upgrade for the SDS100. At least you will be able to hear Madison SO. They are alot more enjoyable to listen to than Madison PD, unless you're into listening to running tags all day. I think it was only $30 when I upgraded. It took a while to figure out the sentinel program, but it isn't that bad once you figure it out. The best thing to do is create new favorites lists and manually add your system into the favorites list. You need to assign the system you create a quick key. Once you power on the scanner, just enter the key (0-9, .) and press enter and it should begin to scan the sites you program. I would only program in the Lake Cavalier site and play from there to start off with.

The upgrade I saw was $85. I’ll hit the Lake Cavelier tower only to start with. Every time i add favorites, it’s dumps every MSWIN location. Mostly just want to listen to the Madison/Ridgeland area PD and FD. Looking for AirCare, too. Thanks for the suggestions.

XN4Sir

The upgrade I saw was $85. I’ll hit the Lake Cavelier tower only to start with. Every time i add favorites, it’s dumps every MSWIN location. Mostly just want to listen to the Madison/Ridgeland area PD and FD. Looking for AirCare, too. Thanks for the suggestions.

Just checked on Uniden. Upgrade is $50.

biglogdog

They must have gone up on the price, I upgraded as soon as the scanner was released. My advice Is reset the scanner to factory settings. Do not use the location services, because it scans a bunch of stuff you don't want to hear. Manually add your system to the favorites list using the Radio Reference database as your reference. Setup one favorites list for each system (conventional {MCSO} and trunked {MSWIN}) Setup a quick key for each system you create. You only need to enter the control channel frequencies for each site. You could create a quick key for each site and channel, but you don't have to. PM me your email, and I will send you a favorites list that you can import into sentinel. As far as Aircare, I believe it is simulcasted on hi band. Their MSWIN talkgroups are encrypted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.