Make Volume Higher On BC-120XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I have a handheld BC-120XLT that I use for railroad scanning, and it does a great job, but the volume seems kind of low, even when I have it up all the way. I purchased an external speaker, and that helped a little, but it still seems quiet (I struggle to hear it when traveling in my car with the windows open, and the speaker is positioned only a few inches away from me). And it's not the speaker, I hooked it up to my BC860-XLT and a few other scanners and it was quite loud for all of them.

Is there any way to make the volume louder on the scanner?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to make the volume louder on the scanner?

Have you considered headphones? If that's not an acceptible solution, then run the signal through an amplifier to your speakers.

Remember that too much loudness can severely damage your hearing. If other people find that scanner loud enough and you don't you should get your hearing tested. Otherwise you may just be further damaging an already damaged aural system.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Have you considered headphones? If that's not an acceptible solution, then run the signal through an amplifier to your speakers.

Remember that too much loudness can severely damage your hearing. If other people find that scanner loud enough and you don't you should get your hearing tested. Otherwise you may just be further damaging an already damaged aural system.

My hearing's fine and I've never had anyone complain that my scanner's too loud.

I'd rather not use headphones because 90% of the time I'm using the scanner as a mobile so I don't want to wear earbuds while I'm driving. I drove around today with my BC-60XLT instead of the 120 and it was louder.

I can really blast it with my 860 tabletop or my dad's Pro-2026, and even with his Pro-51 too, so obviously my 120 for some reason isn't as loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.