Mall security

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Here is a couple of mall security freqs that I have in my scanner,this time of year and in the next few weeks it will be very interesting with Christmas shopping and shoplifters,fights etc, last week Danbury had a huge fight with reports if a gun and shots fired which was later unfounded, that had to be invert intense on the security freq, I only listen to brass city mall, west farms,meriden and Danbury when I go there. if you want to see if there are any other freqs or to confirm the tone codes, i suggest using the control function on your scanner which is how I found out about the west farms mall tone code change. just scan the 400 MHZ range which seems to be what all the mall security guards are using, also please note around this time of year there may be local police officers in the mall so you may want to have their frequency on your scanner to, unless of course they are encrypted

West farms mall security. 464.3250. Dpl 306 ( I updated the tone code today it used to be 173.8 and did not work today so I did a close call search and it came up with same freq with the 306 Dpl )

Brass mill mall security/maintenance in Waterbury 464.7250 Dpl 031

Danbury mall security 464.6750. Dpl 351
Danbury mall security/maintenance 463.3500. Ctss 97.4

Buckland hills mall 464.3875 dpl 132
Buckland hill mall 464.8250 114.8 possible security

Meriden square mall 461.5750 dpl 532

CT post mall 464.7750 ctss 179.9

Trumbull shopping park 464.7750 ctss 103.5

Last edited:

ecps92

Sadly many folks are not into the Business Band aspect of Scanning.
Connecticut Malls and Shopping Centers - Scan New England Wiki

Here is a couple of mall security freqs that I have in my scanner,this time of year and in the next few weeks it will be very interesting with Christmas shopping and shoplifters,fights etc, last week Danbury had a huge fight with reports if a gun and shots fired which was later unfounded, that had to be invert intense on the security freq, I only listen to brass city mall, west farms,meriden and Danbury when I go there. if you want to see if there are any other freqs or to confirm the tone codes, i suggest using the control function on your scanner which is how I found out about the west farms mall tone code change. just scan the 400 MHZ range which seems to be what all the mall security guards are using, also please note around this time of year there may be local police officers in the mall so you may want to have their frequency on your scanner to, unless of course they are encrypted

West farms mall security. 464.3250. Dpl 306 ( I updated the tone code today it used to be 173.8 and did not work today so I did a close call search and it came up with same freq with the 306 Dpl )

Brass mill mall security/maintenance in Waterbury 464.7250 Dpl 031

Danbury mall security 464.6750. Dpl 351
Danbury mall security/maintenance 463.3500. Ctss 97.4

Buckland hills mall 464.3875 dpl 132
Buckland hill mall 464.8250 114.8 possible security

Meriden square mall 461.5750 dpl 532

CT post mall 464.7750 ctss 179.9

Trumbull shopping park 464.7750 ctss 103.5

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Crystal Mall in Waterford is 464.97500 and 464.47500, both use DPL 155

I love that most of their radios are Astro Sabers. One of the guards who uses a Segway tools around the mall with a throat mic.

a417

U+0000

remember when everything in the friggin' area used 6A?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
We are missing Stamford Town Center mall. Time to go on a freq. hunt!

Manny

Just use close call when your in the mall,that's what I did in west farms when their freq was not working with the tone code that I had on it,I was standing right next to a very pretty security guard so I did close call and she started taking again and it picked up the freqs which was correct and the NEW tone code.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well, that just took some of the fun guess work out of it! :p LOL...Thanks Bill! I'll try the 2 repeater frequencies and report back with the PL / DPL info.

Manny

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Well, that just took some of the fun guess work out of it! :p LOL...Thanks Bill! I'll try the 2 repeater frequencies and report back with the PL / DPL info.

Manny

So I guess your going christmas shopping then this weekend ,make sure you get me something good,like another 996xt at radio shack

JMA

CODE HUNT

Thanks for the info. These are the times when I wished I owned one of those Optoelectronics machines. :)

ecps92

Sorry bout that, just making it easier to find the Tones.

It is rare to get folks into finding Business Band stuff, that I wanted to help.
Not that the FCC license means they actually use those frequencies :roll:

Manny

ecps92

Actually its not needed. Little Research on the Company Name or Lat/Lon helps too, then put in the Freq and find the tone

Thanks for the info. These are the times when I wished I owned one of those Optoelectronics machines. :)

badgers215

Is West Farms encrypted?

I use to work with a guy who was a security officer at the West Farms Mall. He told me their radio communications are encrypted. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.