Man armed with gun near foxwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Troop E (Among other law enforcement agencies) is currently searching for a suicidal mid 50's (age) 280 pound body builder armed with a .357 (and a box of ammunition to go with it. He allegedly tried to kid-nap a police sergeant's daughter in Massachusetts and is possibly en-route to the Foxwood's area.

More updates will come as I have them, If anyone else is monitoring Troop E or anything related to this incident in the Ledyard area, Please post here to update.

Portable14

Banned
An up-date.

As of 12:24 PM, CSP Troop E is screening all cars entering the property and is searching the parking garages, Ledyard Police are taking posts along Route 214.

If you're interested in monitoring this event, You should listen primarily to CSP Troop E (Channel 37 on their system) and Ledyard Police.

F.Y.I.-Ledyard Police use a frequency of 453.8375 (PL 127.3) and they also have CSP portables.

Vehicle is a Nissan Mxima bearing license plate 155TGT and is a 2006 tan or light brown.

The party in question's name is Steven clifford his D.O.B is 12/12/51

Use extreme caution if you happen to pass him, He is armed and very dangerous, Please keep your distance.

As of 12:29 PM, Police have found the vehicle in one of the parking garages-(Level 3, Row A), and are contacting survaillance to see where this person has gone after he left his vehicle.

Also, The handgun is in the vehicle-(Ammunition has yet to be found), Under the seat, along with a large quantity of alcohol.

Massachusetts (State?) PD is securing a warrant at this time.

Last edited:

Portable14

Banned
Ledyard Police have transferred a call to Mashantucket for a male that has jumped (or fallen) off of the parking garage, and is dead, Although police have confirmed that this man is NOT their suspect.

Last edited:

Portable14

Banned
Still Armed.

State Police have found another gun in the car, So the suspect is still presumed armed.

Portable14

Banned
Police are starting a K-9 unit at 1:07PM, and Troop E has the photo of the suspect from Massachusetts State Police. Suspect was last seen by the hard-rock cafe, Wearing a polo shirt and loafers (With no socks). Police are trying to track him by his "Wampum card".

As of 1:29PM, Troop E has been advised that the suspect (Steven Clifford) is in custody.

Last edited:

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Geezz and I had the first 12 hours off at MPFD, I missed the excitement again (Thank God this time)

Portable14

Banned
It was interesting to listen to, It's just too bad that the guy didn't blow his brains out and save us tax-payers the money it's going to cost to keep him in prison.

CT22

Banned
Electonic Communications Privacy Act

You should be made aware that you are violating the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1984. Check the Code of Federal Regulations Part 34.

Cskib32087

Some other states have a breaking news thread, maybe we need one!
If someone wanted to follow Bridgeport PDs antics for 30 min it would fill 20 pages with people with guns, shootings, stabbings ect, If I want to know about it ill listen to my scanner.
For people that listen to Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven PDs etc, A guy with a gun in his car threaten to kill himself isn’t a big deal, and on a busy night in those cities would not be followed up on unless someone happened upon him, and then maybe 2 cars would take time out to sit with him until EMS took the psych to the hospital.
But I could se it being breaking news in the eastern part of the state or Litchfield county
I know don’t read it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.