Man threatened GF with gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The action is currently on Sacramento trunk radio Sheriff channel 3 - TG 61616. A man threatened his GF he would shoot her, and apparently shot a round off in an apartment. They are brining in the CP, helicopter and dozens of officers.

etofsrud

Sounds like an apartment off of La Loma Dr in Rancho Cordova. Evacuation in progress. Lots of recourses rolling past my CSUS window looking out onto Hwy 50.!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
DAMN that was quick. Too bad the guy made everyone jump through all the hoops - closing down roads to traffic, moving kids at a day care center, evacuating people from the apt and so much time from public safety workers.

I stepped away from the scanners for less than 1 minute to answer the door - it was UPS - and hen I came back it was over. Sheesh. At least it was a good ending.

etofsrud

gmclam ,
Thanks again for the initial post. All the code 3 traffic got me to tune in, but I did not know what the original call was. My dream scanner would have audio buffering, so I could back it up 10 Min's and hear the call (Like TiVo!!)

- Eric N6OIM

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Gee, thanks. I was debating with myself whether this was a worthy event to post or not. I decided that even if it turned out to be nothing, there was a LOT of stuff going on and that makes for good hearing.

I hear people connecting their scanners to their PCs for a lot of reasons such as hearing digital broadcasts and decoding digital data. All you need to do is connect the headphone output to your PC or MP3 recorder and you can have that audio buffering you want. I realize in that case it would be w/o the channel info, and you would not be able to lock onto one channel, but perhaps you'd hear enough to know what happened. My scanner was so locked on the channel before I locked it there manually I could not help but hear the action. Then I locked it on SO 3 and turned on another scanner to hear regular traffic. Some of that regular traffic was for the same event, but on other channels.

Have a great day,
George

Mach_1

Sounds like it was interesting listening ... makes me miss my BC246T (on its way to Uniden for repair of the speaker [stopped working]).

OT - Notice there's quite a few "Fair Oakies" on the board....

Status
Not open for further replies.