Manatee / Sarasota Co. P25 (9DC.BEE00)

RightBatwing

I have overheard the piles of issues Manatee and Sarasota counties have dealt with while pulling online this massive project. Especially the new site near the elementary school in south Manatee ...... oh no the dreaded "radiation and kids"? As I understand Airbus DS won the contract originally and sold Sarasota hundreds of Tait P25 subscriber units before Moto bought them out and took over the $35 million dollar project. Now we will have the dreaded sub par radio syndrome on a master race zone core, not quite but seriously my question is are any of the sites live yet? I have seen the completion of a couple of other mono-pole towers with back-haul antenna's installed in various location rumored at 9+ simulcast sites while on vacation. I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything on the air or through the grapevine when for when the system will be up and Manatee's EDACS system will finally lay to rest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• poster_f48380989170426c985cfc824cb376ee.jpg
    poster_f48380989170426c985cfc824cb376ee.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 117

CanesFan95

You'd think the neighbors would be glad being that close. The scanner reception should be outstanding! :) :p :ROFLMAO:

TDR-94

Knowing how scanners typically perform,it would probably result in overloading the front end of the receiver.

trooper890

Not yet, but it won't be long.

/\/\ has really done a lot to clean the Airbus leftovers out of the fridge, and getting things ready to go on the air.

papavictor

Anybody else scanning the existing Manatee County EDACS system notice that LCN channel 4 ie 855.3875 MHz has a bunch of distorted noise on it, and is not being used for comms?

I can't tell if it's an external QRM / RFI source, although it does seem to be loudest around a couple of tall cell towers off US41 between Cortez and SR70. Or is it a busted xmtr on the system?

The noise sort of sounds like a control-channel buzz, but way distorted. No analog voice ever appears either. It was causing havoc on my old Pro-164 scanner, frequent rapid drop-outs, so I locked out that frequency, and reception got a lot better.

I also noted that the current active EDACS control channel has moved up to LCN channel 6 or 856.4875 MHz.

Another speculation - is this possibly part of the APCO system start-up? Could the noise I am hearing on channel 4 855.3875 be part of the new system? I listened to it on both AM and FM mode, and it just sounds like distorted noise, not really what I have heard in other digital modes like DRM, D-STAR, etc. or expect the digital vocoder signature to sound like in either analog detection mode. But perhaps that is what an APCO control channel sounds like ???

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
The P25 system in Manatee is turned on and a very very very limited amount of testing is being done on TG1 or set to wildcard for other talk groups.

CanesFan95

Was just in Bradenton for the parade yesterday and had the scanner on in the car coming down the Skyway. But the scanner never locked on to the control channel on the EDACS West system. So I get parked later and manually hold and step through each frequency and find one of the EDACS frequencies is now a P25 control channel. Can't remember what frequency it was. As I listen on each frequency, I never did find the EDACS control channel. But there were plenty of EDACS analog transmissions. So evidently they have a new EDACS frequency being used as the EDACS control channel that's not in the Radio Reference database?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Today a lot of testing in the AM with many different talk groups. TG 5001 they said Sheriff Disp. 1

tampatracker

I was listening to the Manatee County edacks system last night from here in Tampa and heard both sides of the the conversations loud and clear. I am using a Diamond discone on a 30-foot mast with both an SDS 100 and a 436hp. The info I have system wise is the latest update directly downloaded from the database here on RadioReference. Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Venice area of Sarasota County. I am receiving data on 851.6875. It IDs as 9D1 as noted above so must be part of new system...no TGs yet. Do we know if this is a P-25 type 1 or 2 system? Need to know what radio to dedicate to monitoring it.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
This morning I heard Manatee FD Paging on TG 201 while passing through the county. It was Phase 1.

ttquattroman

Good morning, I am attempting to set up my Unication P25 reciver for Sarasota/Manatee P25. Does anyone have the System ID and WACN ID numbers yet.

Thanks

Peter
KM4JXP

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
OK here's what I have per my SDS100:
SYS ID: 9DCh
WACN:BEE00h

Site 1 855.3875c (Manatee)
Site 2 851.6875c (Sarasota)

On site 2 lots of testing on TG1 and several 5000 tgs

No actual use yet