Manually Rebanding a PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

I have a PSR-500. When I left for vacation, I did not bring my programming cable. when I arrived in Ft. Worth, Texas (damned hot!) I found out that they and the Tarrant Co. system had rebanded. :mad:

I have the control channel frequencies and found the settings on the rebanding wiki.

Now...

How in the world do I go in and manually change the trunking tables? :lol:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR-500. When I left for vacation, I did not bring my programming cable. when I arrived in Ft. Worth, Texas (damned hot!) I found out that they and the Tarrant Co. system had rebanded. :mad:

I have the control channel frequencies and found the settings on the rebanding wiki.

Now...

How in the world do I go in and manually change the trunking tables? :lol:
Fred,

Since the frequencies in the rebanded Ft. Worth/TC system all meet a specific pattern (the fourth decimal place digit is a 5), all you have to do is simply enter the new frequencies for the control channels. That's all I've done, and mine works, as do the Uniden's.

Now, if you wanted to also monitor the Lewisville system, which also rebanded, you would need the custom tables. It does have one frequency that does not meet the "5" pattern.

To edit the system, hit manual, then use the select key to step to the system. The right & left arrow keys move you between scanlists, the up & down between objects on the individual scanlist. The trunked system, either the TSYS object, or one of the TGRP ones, might not be the first one in the list, so if you have your laptop, with the Win500 file to check, it might save you a couple minutes searching for the correct list, even though you don't have the cable for a direct load.

Once you find the system, either the TSYS, or an associated TGRP object, you'll see "TSYS" down at the bottom of the display.
Press F2
(You'll see Analyze at the bottom of the display)
Now hit PGM (program)
You'll see three choices- NEW EDIT GLOB
Choose EDIT (over the F2 key)
Now, 3 more choices- DUPE CURR FIND>
Select CURR (again, over the F2 key)
Use the down arrow to get down to the system
Arrow down to the frequencies
Press the right arrow to select
Now, press the right arrow to select and edit each system frequency as required.
Once you're done, hit F1 (Save)
Arrow on down, past **EXPERT BELOW**
You'll finally get to T Tables
Press the right arrow to change
Keep changing till you get to Custom
Press ENT (Enter)
That will get you into the tables where yuo can set the custom rebanding values. (Again, while this is needed for Lewisville, if that interests you, it is not necessary for the Fort Worth/Tarrant County system.)

DickH

All you need to do is add the 4 new control channel freqs.
852.71250c 852.76250c 852.83750c 852.88750c
OR
Change 867.7125 to 852.7125, etc.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Fred,

Since the frequencies in the rebanded Ft. Worth/TC system all meet a specific pattern (the fourth decimal place digit is a 5), all you have to do is simply enter the new frequencies for the control channels. That's all I've done, and mine works, as do the Uniden's.

Now, if you wanted to also monitor the Lewisville system, which also rebanded, you would need the custom tables. It does have one frequency that does not meet the "5" pattern.

To edit the system, hit manual, then use the select key to step to the system. The right & left arrow keys move you between scanlists, the up & down between objects on the individual scanlist. The trunked system, either the TSYS object, or one of the TGRP ones, might not be the first one in the list, so if you have your laptop, with the Win500 file to check, it might save you a couple minutes searching for the correct list, even though you don't have the cable for a direct load.

Once you find the system, either the TSYS, or an associated TGRP object, you'll see "TSYS" down at the bottom of the display.
Press F2
(You'll see Analyze at the bottom of the display)
Now hit PGM (program)
You'll see three choices- NEW EDIT GLOB
Choose EDIT (over the F2 key)
Now, 3 more choices- DUPE CURR FIND>
Select CURR (again, over the F2 key)
Use the down arrow to get down to the system
Arrow down to the frequencies
Press the right arrow to select
Now, press the right arrow to select and edit each system frequency as required.
Once you're done, hit F1 (Save)
Arrow on down, past **EXPERT BELOW**
You'll finally get to T Tables
Press the right arrow to change
Keep changing till you get to Custom
Press ENT (Enter)
That will get you into the tables where yuo can set the custom rebanding values. (Again, while this is needed for Lewisville, if that interests you, it is not necessary for the Fort Worth/Tarrant County system.)

This procedure has been copied into the programming shortcuts article for the GRE/RS FAQ - undoubtedly this question will be asked again. thanks!

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.