Many Lake County, TN Scanners Go Dead In Switch To Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

thstaff

Premium Subscriber
Sheriff says scanner silence not his fault

The new digital radio network currently used by the Lake County Sheriff’s Department has pretty much silenced the scanners in this area and while some (many?) dedicated listeners are not happy, Sheriff Danny Tippit says he and his deputies are getting undeserved blame.

This is from the Lake County, TN Banner Newspaper.

http://www.lakecountybanner.com/news.php?viewStory=1457

Last edited by a moderator:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Is it Encrypted or is it just P25? i looked in the database and no mention of encryption

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Gotta love double-talk:

"(Sheriff Danny)Tippit said in times of bad weather the old radio net—and the scanners still come into play.
“I don’t think anyone should throw them away,” he said. “When we have bad weather we automatically switch to the old net so everyone can listen."

Wonder who decides they're switching from the "new radio net" to the "old radio net".... and what happens when they run a social or license using the old system during bad weather?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
"It's Not My fault, I feel your Pain, it was going to happen anyway no matter who was sheriff"
"But it makes my officers safe, thats a good thing"

Gotta love how they try to steer the blame off of themselves, yet then claim they love it because it supposedly makes officers safe

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
“And if we have to run a license or Social Security number, now it remains pretty much private and not broadcast all over the world. In the past that was very unsecure, even to the point of being dangerous.”

that is why you have LEIN and TAC channels encrypted and leave the other talkgroups in the clear. Their happy citizens.
New 911 board and new Sheriff. Some people will remember come election time :)
hmm, the local Sheriff and 911 board has not done that here with their P25 system so how can he claim any new Sheriff would have done the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.