• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Marble Falls PD has an new image problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
My brother sent this to me today:

New AR-15 assault rifles for the department $1,500.00 each.

Training time per officer $100.00 .

Picture on front page of the local paper with the female officer standing in full view, not using any cover, and with the magazine in backwards......PRICELESS!

jclarkr6

Premium Subscriber
That's too funny! I bet she'll be hearing about her little mistake from her superiors. I am betting that she is not the officer that shot the suspect (assuming he was shot).

I am glad that no one else besides the suspect got hurt.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Can't really tell from the low-res image indicated, but is it possible that there are TWO magazines present, one engaged and the other not? Often magazines like these are piggybacked to allow easy swapping.

As for lack of cover, who knows...

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Can't really tell from the low-res image indicated, but is it possible that there are TWO magazines present, one engaged and the other not? Often magazines like these are piggybacked to allow easy swapping.

As for lack of cover, who knows...
True to a point. When two (or sometimes three) magazines are connected for faster changing, they are always connected in the same direction, and side by side. If they are facing opposite directions it will severely slow down changing time leaving the operator in an unnecessarily vulnerable position.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Most likely it was a staged picture and the magazine was put in bass ackwards just to ensure no one would get hurt during the photography. Kinda like Dick Cheney taking lawyers hunting!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Uh huh, you don't really think some news photographer was standing right there fully exposed in the line of fire now do you?
"...the magazine was put in bass ackwards just to ensure no one would get hurt during the photography."
Not necessarily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.