MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Youngstown area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I am running ProScan software on a BCD996T scanner. My database includes Frequencies that are labled "Leavittsburg AP 25" and "Salem AP 25". (I live in the Youngstown area, Canfield Oho)
I hear the regular Marcs traffic (not ip) from the Campbell site after putting in the custom band info.
But I get nothing from the AP 25 locations. I see they have tables for band plans too, but they have all zeros on the tables. Is that why I hear nothing? Yes my firmware on the 996t is up to date.

What do I need to do to pick this stuff up?

Attachments

• leavittsburg.JPG
    leavittsburg.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:

n4yek

On a P25 system, the band plan should be set by the Control Channel. You shouldn't have to enter them into the software when programming the scanner.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Incidentally, I do believe there is a MARCS-IP site online in Campbell (the Lincoln Park site) -- CC: 774.70625. I am unable to verify it, so it isn't in the DB. But I believe it is online. You might want to set up another IP site with that CC, using the same settings as you do for other IP sites.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The MARCS and MARCS-IP systems are two separate and distinct systems.

MARCS: Motorola Type II with P25 voice
MARCS-IP: Pure P25

You can't add IP sites under the standard MARCS system that you have configured and then expect it to work.

You have to create a new system for MARCS-IP and then add the appropriate MARCS-IP sites under it. And that system / those sites should be configured as P25 sites.

If I were you, for the IP sites, I'd also set Modulation to NFM instead of AUTO (although it probably automatically uses NFM), and I'd set P25 Mode to Auto (which you have already done), and I'd set it to Control Channel Only (and then only add the CC frequencies).

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.