Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
22960 - Heard units 66, 65 and 35 calling "ACTION" and ACTION responding
- heard reference to "Med 35"
- heard "testing from New Cumberland Locks"
- heard testing "2 mi S of Steubenville" - heard "patient is ready and waiting in lobby"

22976 - Likely associated with TGID 2260 - went to this channel to report coverage/testing problem - then said "ok I'm going back over"

In Steubenville, I'm only aware of Ambulance Service Inc as the private medics of the county. They are currently on the JeffCo 911 system. I am wondering if they are testing new radios for backup use on MARCS, or if they are moving to MARCS. I can't even say for sure that it is ASI - but I suspect it is.

The fact that they were hanging out at New Cumberland Lock and Dam (on the Ohio side for those who don't know) - leads me to believe it's ASI, since ASI is the contracted medics at First Energy Sammis Plant up in Stratton.

In summary - I suspect 22960 to be ASI. I'm not sure if 22976 is also going to be associated with the same agency using 22960 or not. Based upon another rumor I had heard about MARCS being a backup for some/all Jeffercon County 911 System subscribers, who knows who else may be showing up off on our county MARCS sites testing.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
mtindor said:
Based upon another rumor I had heard about MARCS being a backup for some/all Jeffercon County 911 System subscribers, who knows who else may be showing up off on our county MARCS sites testing.

Did they go with XTS2500RB radios and pay for upgrades, or did they really shell out some bucks and upgrade to XTS5000 models?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
wa8pyr said:
Did they go with XTS2500RB radios and pay for upgrades, or did they really shell out some bucks and upgrade to XTS5000 models?

The source is the horse, of course, of course. And of course my source is not the horse, but instead the horse's ass. I don't have an answer for ya chief. I know I was told that information sometime in the past few weeks, but I didn't write it down - I don't use 'em, I just listen to 'em :) If it gets mentioned again, I'll let ya know. I couldn't even make an educated guess.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
wa8pyr said:

XTS2500 and perhaps XTS1500 is what I'm told.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
Asi

I know that they are listed as Station 66 but I have never heard them on Jeff 911. Aways on 155.220. Maybe I always miss them or don't pay attention. I know they are never paged. Steub PD has one of there radios and always talks to them direct on 155.220. New neighbor across the street from me works there. I'll have to ask him whats up. I have to look for those talk groups you mentioned.
Mike, Anymore on those freqs. you gave me about a month ago? I never heard a thing yet

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
I know that they are listed as Station 66 but I have never heard them on Jeff 911. Aways on 155.220. Maybe I always miss them or don't pay attention. I know they are never paged. Steub PD has one of there radios and always talks to them direct on 155.220. New neighbor across the street from me works there. I'll have to ask him whats up. I have to look for those talk groups you mentioned.
Mike, Anymore on those freqs. you gave me about a month ago? I never heard a thing yet

RE: freqs - I dno'ot bother listening to them anymore since I'm using a ducky in the basement. The new location would be great _if_ I could put an outside antenna up.

Check the RRDB for the 22960 TG - looks like it is entered in as Action Ambulance out of warren. Although that doesn't explain why they were in steubenville and at the new cumberland locks. Maybe they were doing a transport and just decided to test out the radios while coming through the area. In teh audio that i saved they did mention "Action" numerous times... so I wouldn't argue that one.

As far as ASI on Jeff911, I _rarely_ have heard them. They obviously move to the beat of their own drum and don't do much on the 911 system.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
Asi

You said ASI was contracted for Sammis. I would bet that would only be for normal operations. That being a multi-million dollar upgrade they probably have 24 hour coverage onsite with ASI not being the provider

thekelleys01

Asi

ASI is the only provider of emergency medical services at the sammis plant. they have a crew there 24 hours a day. At least when I used to work there it was a basic EMT crew and if they need a paramedic crew one comes from steubenville

rreed4

Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that ASI only uses the Jeff Co trunked system for mutual aid purposes and is not allowed to use it for day to day traffic.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ASI are the only ones I've ever known to be there at Sammis. Of course, if there is a large incident or some incident that requires more manpower than what is available there, I'm sure you'd have the TEMS-JAD there pretty quickly.

Let's face it, if there was an incident that required more crew than what ASI has there, and they had to send further backup from Steub, there's be some dead people by the time they got there.

Rcool has a point - it could be that during this construction phase there may be a third party / outside agency handling that in addition to ASI. There's a hell of a lot of construction going on in Stratton with a lot of workers.

Mike

FPO703

I confirmed 22960 as Action Ambulance in Warren (Trumbull County) while I was down there this morning.

Very active talkgroup.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Asi

Talked to my neighbor and they are the only unit on site 24/7. They do have Jeff 911 in their vehicles and you are correct in that they only use them in case they are really needed.
They will be upgrading their radios in the very near future with a couple of repeaters as the only have one antenna on a water tower in Steub. Jeff 911 would not give them their own TG because of their volume of calls would be too much

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
Talked to my neighbor and they are the only unit on site 24/7. They do have Jeff 911 in their vehicles and you are correct in that they only use them in case they are really needed.
They will be upgrading their radios in the very near future with a couple of repeaters as the only have one antenna on a water tower in Steub. Jeff 911 would not give them their own TG because of their volume of calls would be too much

Volume of calls? That's pretty crappy. Of course JeffCo911 only has limited freqs. Three simultaneous conversations if you go by the license... four if you go by the one extra frequency they were using (unknown if they are still using it). So I guess that could be a problem. i don't routinely monitor ASI and never have on VHF. I really have to wonder if they have _that_ many longwinded transmissions.

the EMT crews on belmont 911 can often be heard calling in information to the hospitals. I've never heard that from EMT crews on JeffCo911. have you? I suspect they all use cell phones, or maybe they all still operate VHF radios on 155 mhz for that.

I have noticed a lot more activity on Fire/EMS these days. Then you've got the buses during the day.

If you monitor ASI on VHF, do they really have such a large # of calls?

mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
No, I never thought their volume was very high. They do a lot of non-emergency transport to different places in the valley with older ambulances/vans without any lights on top. Their signal is pretty weak compared to other VHF. But that is supposed to change

Status
Not open for further replies.