MARCS site rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
6F16-059 Wilmington has been rebanded

Local listeners are going to need to determine if the listed control channels in the DB are correct. Pre-rebanding, there was only one control channel listed. There would normally be two.

So if you monitor the wilmington site, check all of the frequencies listed in the DB for control channel activity, as what we have listed might not be the correct control channel.

Mike

Mylan

Feed Provider
"DARKE NORTHSTAR" is currently underway. RR has this site listed as OSGOOD but both the technician from McAfee Communications and the guy at helpdesk are referring to it as NORTHSTAR.

FINDLAY is currently underway

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm maintaining a list in the Wiki of what sites have been rebanded. I do not add to this list unless I know the site has been rebanded.

For some sites, we have the new controls confirmed. For some sites we have one control channel confirmed. For some sites we have no control channels confirmed [and are simply guessing based upon subtracting 15 mhz from the pre-existing control channels].

I'd appreciate it if everyone who monitors MARCS would keep an eye on the following Wiki section and let us know if/when you can verify control channels for the rebanded sites in question.

State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications - The RadioReference Wiki

Of course, please do continue to post when you know that a site [not already listed] has been rebanded, and if possible provide both the primary CC, alternate CC.

Thanks

Mike

Mylan

Feed Provider
I have temporarily activated the helpdesk channel in the left channel of my marcs feed if anyone wants to be able to monitor the rebanding progress.... A good bet is to listen between 7-9 am for the radio service companies to call out specific sites they are about to perform rebanding procedure.

Also I noticed that most techs, when entering a site will refer to the site with a site number as well as the name... Do we here at radio reference not have these four digit site numbers listed anywhere for "reference"... For example, I heard a Staleys communications tech enter a site this morning to "install equipment"..... When he called the helpdesk to notify them of his arrival and his mission he identified himself and said: "entering site 560x, SARDIS to install equipment... I did not catch that last number but i did note that the DARKE NORTHSTAR site is 1903... I'm obviously assuming that the numbering logic begins with the site's home county number.........

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
MARCS -- Findlay rebanded -- need CC confirmation

For anyone around Findlay -- can you verify the new primary / alternate control channels for the Findlay site? The primary CC will be one of the ones listed below, and the alternate CC will also.

Thanks

Mike

budevans

Wickliffe tower rebanded?

From the Cleveland south west side area I'm getting hits on 853.03750 which should be the Wickliffe Lake County towers rebanded CC freq.

Right now I'm boarder line receive (2 bars) for 853.03750 CC traffic, but it matches the current traffic coming from the Cleveland Justice Center and Beachwood towers. Also I'm not getting any signal from 868.03750 the listed CC in the database.

Can someone from Lake County or Cleveland's east side confirm the change?

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
While out driving today (well, my wife was driving, I was fiddling with radios) I could confirm that yes, that is the new Wickliffe CC. I also posted about Chardon last night but my post never made it to the forum?? I'll have to look up that CC again. Might even be able to run Unitrunker later on both towers.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Also I noticed that most techs, when entering a site will refer to the site with a site number as well as the name... Do we here at radio reference not have these four digit site numbers listed anywhere for "reference"... For example, I heard a Staleys communications tech enter a site this morning to "install equipment"..... When he called the helpdesk to notify them of his arrival and his mission he identified himself and said: "entering site 560x, SARDIS to install equipment... I did not catch that last number but i did note that the DARKE NORTHSTAR site is 1903... I'm obviously assuming that the numbering logic begins with the site's home county number.........

Those are administrative site numbers specific to MARCS. No list exists outside of MARCS that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.