MARCS Sites - where exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I might ask this question more than once, for a given area - so that'll explain the subject.

Toledo (Lucas Co) MARCS site - where is it exactly?

Some license info lists "One Government Center" - but I'm trying to track down exactly what the antennas are on - there is no FCC registered antenna right at One Government Center except for one that doesn't belong to the City or the State.

For those who may know (and are not speculating) - can you tell me exactly where this specific MARCS site is?

Mike

EngineerZ

mtindor said:
I might ask this question more than once, for a given area - so that'll explain the subject.

Toledo (Lucas Co) MARCS site - where is it exactly?

Some license info lists "One Government Center" - but I'm trying to track down exactly what the antennas are on - there is no FCC registered antenna right at One Government Center except for one that doesn't belong to the City or the State.

For those who may know (and are not speculating) - can you tell me exactly where this specific MARCS site is?

Since folks rarely show restraint when it comes to speculation on this board, I figured I would jump in and comment even though I am not specifically "in the know..."

I've never been to One Government Center, but looking at the "birds eve view" at local.live.com ( http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=13498161&encType=1 ) the building appears rather tall, perhaps 20 stories. Furthermore, there appears to be a couple of antennas on top of the building. So I would *speculate* that two or three of the antennas mounted directly to the penthouse of the building are MARCS antennas .

When antennas less than 20 feet are mounted directly to a building or other pre-existing structure, an ASR is not required, though some folks will file one anyway. Normally, ULS will reject your application if you try submitting a height-to-tip greater than 200 ft without an ASR number. The antenna-mounted-to-a-building situation however, is one that ULS will automatically check for and allow when you submit a license application. (assuming the antenna adds less than 20 feet to the building height)

--z

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
EngineerZ said:
Since folks rarely show restraint when it comes to speculation on this board, I figured I would jump in and comment even though I am not specifically "in the know..."

Not a problem with me. What you've wrote only serves to educate me - I'm all about being educated in the fashion you have done.

I've never been to One Government Center, but looking at the "birds eve view" at local.live.com ( http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=13498161&encType=1 ) the building appears rather tall, perhaps 20 stories. Furthermore, there appears to be a couple of antennas on top of the building. So I would *speculate* that two or three of the antennas mounted directly to the penthouse of the building are MARCS antennas .

When antennas less than 20 feet are mounted directly to a building or other pre-existing structure, an ASR is not required, though some folks will file one anyway. Normally, ULS will reject your application if you try submitting a height-to-tip greater than 200 ft without an ASR number. The antenna-mounted-to-a-building situation however, is one that ULS will automatically check for and allow when you submit a license application. (assuming the antenna adds less than 20 feet to the building height)

That makes a lot of sense - and I had thought about that possiblity that it may just not be registered - but only by gut instinct - I wasn't aware until now when an entity is/is not required to obtain an ASR. Thanks for that helpful info.

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And, according to the FCC docs, the antenna structure support type is "B - Building" so there would be no seperate antenna tower info (since there is no seperate antenna tower).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
UPMan said:
And, according to the FCC docs, the antenna structure support type is "B - Building" so there would be no seperate antenna tower info (since there is no seperate antenna tower).

Not a problem for me - I am only looking for a reg# and valid lat/long coords. I would just like verification that it is ineed on top of that building. Not all licenses point back to ASRs for towers which actually hold those licensees.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.