Maricopa County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayfreq

I would be curious to see how it will sound with a 436HP. I know for TPD on PCWIN, it's quite a bit better with the 1.26 Firmware update. . Much less occurrences of garble and clearer.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I saw a Facebook post a few months back saying they were done with the Sheriffs Office and pulled out.
Here is an article: North Valley Posse Disbands | North Phoenix News

WOWZA!!! if this TRULY is the reason they went so far as to disband, I'm glad they did,

The North Valley Posse, formed originally as the Anthem Posse, voted recently to disband following a requirement for all members to undergo new and more rigorous background checks.

Wow, I thought they were all mainly retired folks, what do they all have, a bunch of B&E arrests at the local bingo hall that they did AFTER passing the last BI.

That's crazy extreme and the SO would be smart to continue those B.I.'s just incase anything is uncovered that could affect cases currently in the system.. Such an extreme move... fishy.

KB7MIB

A lot of the posse unit commanders apparently failed to insure that their members, both QAP and unarmed, went through the entire background check process. Sheriff Penzone went as far as suspending the entire posse organization, until every posse member was thoroughly vetted in full. It wasn't limited to just the North Valley posse unit. I don't know if any other posse units disbanded as a result of this earlier this year.

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
WOWZA!!! if this TRULY is the reason they went so far as to disband, I'm glad they did,

The North Valley Posse, formed originally as the Anthem Posse, voted recently to disband following a requirement for all members to undergo new and more rigorous background checks.

Wow, I thought they were all mainly retired folks, what do they all have, a bunch of B&E arrests at the local bingo hall that they did AFTER passing the last BI.

That's crazy extreme and the SO would be smart to continue those B.I.'s just incase anything is uncovered that could affect cases currently in the system.. Such an extreme move... fishy.

The Sun City Posse severed ties with MCSO when Penzone was elected. They turned in the vehicles, etc. They have purchased their own vehicles, uniforms, and radio system. My question is, do that have an AZ DPS Security License & their members have AZ Guard Cards.

KB7MIB

They still use the same radio system that they've used for years. The only somewhat recent change was due to the 800 MHz rebanding. Otherwise, yes, the vehicles and uniforms are now different.

I don't know if they received guard cards.

John
Peoria

pboodi

I am hearing East and West traffic on my SDS200 on Thompson peak and white tanks. I updated the firmware on my BC796D per the RR maricopa county 796D web page and still have nothing. The old system is the type 2 smartzone right?

hulka

The Sun City Posse severed ties with MCSO when Penzone was elected. They turned in the vehicles, etc. They have purchased their own vehicles, uniforms, and radio system. My question is, do that have an AZ DPS Security License & their members have AZ Guard Cards.

They buy their own vehicles. The County never bought anything for them. The Posse had to buy their own equipment etc. They could use a district car if one was available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KB7MIB

What happened to Sun City West Posse transmissions. Returned to Sun City West area for the winter. Haven't heard the Posse since I got back.

The old Maricopa County system that you were listening to last winter has been replaced. They should be on TG 3201 on the new Maricopa County P25 Phase II trunked system. Use the White Tanks site only.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

In years past, MCSO would use one of the special detail talkgroups on the old county trunked system to run traffic control ops on one or two of the roads leading to & from PIR/ISM during NASCAR weekends.

*This was seperate from the RWC G-deck activities at the track itself.*

Did anyone happen to catch this activity in the clear this past weekend on the new county trunked system by chance?

I'm just wondering if there are any special detail/special event talkgroups on the new county trunked system in the clear, like they were on the old system.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.