Maricopa SO 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I haven't. Where did you hear the channel referenced?

Deputies like to use VTAC-12 as a car-car channel, and I've heard them reference it as "Search" a time or two. I did a quick check of their 159.090 Search 8 to see if there was any activity there, thinking they were using it, but there wasn't.

John
Peoria

ddanz

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, Channel 4 was (stress WAS) called Civil and was used by Civil and Warrants et al.

It was 460.200 MHz pl 127.3

It was dropped when MCSO went to a trunked system and somebody else has the frequency now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

bill71

Premium Subscriber
It's Programmed in our UHF HT Radios in Gilbert. 159.090 is programmed in all AMR Motorola 7/800-VHF radios as MCSO SEARCH 8. It's mentioned in my Mesa B-Deck post.

bill71

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, Channel 4 was (stress WAS) called Civil and was used by Civil and Warrants et al.

It was dropped when MCSO went to a trunked system and somebody else has the frequency now.

Thank You ddanz

KB7MIB

Wow, if it is 460.200, that is a leftover from MCSO's UHF days, before all the trunked systems came online. How old are those radios?

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
So you have MCSO 4 in your HT? Interesting. I know a couple of deputies, I'll ask. One has been around prior to the trunking days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bill71

Premium Subscriber
So you have MCSO 4 in your HT? Interesting. I know a couple of deputies, I'll ask. One has been around prior to the trunking days.

Thank You Sir. Here is a pic of the radio.

Attachments

• MCSO 4.jpg
    MCSO 4.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 335

ddanz

Premium Subscriber
According to RR's database 460.200 PL 100.0 now Channel 13 Phoenix Metro East for AZDPS, and also a fire Dept frequency with a different PL near Tucson.

P.S. I was a 9-1-1/Dispatcher at MCSO from 1997-2011. I can't imagine why any ambulance would need the old Channel 4, since it would be very rare to have a trauma call on a Civil channel. Less rare was to have a fire unit come up on one of our channels, but not unheard of.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the deputy I asked said he remembers it being for a warrant team or something like that, basically other than patrol. Was DPS VHF back then?

bill71

Premium Subscriber
According to RR's database 460.200 PL 100.0 now Channel 13 Phoenix Metro East for AZDPS, and also a fire Dept frequency with a different PL near Tucson.

P.S. I was a 9-1-1/Dispatcher at MCSO from 1997-2011. I can't imagine why any ambulance would need the old Channel 4, since it would be very rare to have a trauma call on a Civil channel. Less rare was to have a fire unit come up on one of our channels, but not unheard of.

When AMR came to the valley, we inherited all Canyon Lake calls. I know we've used Search 8, VAIRS1, and VFIRE21 on lake calls with MCSO and DPS. We also have the DPS Metro channels for monitoring. We also have all the various RWC mutual aid decks.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
MCSO 8 is repeated and monitored still right? Is MCSO 4 still?

I still don't understand the buy-out order. RM bought SWA, and AMR bought RM or was it AMR bought both individually? Dunno if that would have any bearing on why its still in the channel lineup of an issued radio, or if it was simply coffee/pasta the codeplugs from old to new.

KB7MIB

I'm thinking either an old code plug was installed in a new radio, or the channel 4 in the new radios is a completely different frequency from the old channel 4.

As for the ambos, I believe that R/M bought Southwest, then AMR bought R/M.

PMT seems to be gone as well. Although still shown on the PFDRDC CAD page as PMT, the PMT rescues that served Peoria are now Lifeline units. PMT's old VHF channels and the old UHF Passport system they used are now silent as well, as far as I can tell.

~~~~~

In a Southwest Frequency Directory 5.1 I have from 1999-2000, MCSO's lineup was:

1) 460.050 (127.3) West
2) 460.100 (127.3) West Alt/Tac
3) 460.150 (127.3) East
4) 460.200 (127.3) Tac/Detectives
5) 460.175 (127.3) East Alt/Tac
6) 460.075 (127.3) Alt/Info
7) 460.125 (127.3) Phone Patch

DPS's metro Phoenix lineup was:

District 5: 460.325
District 13: 460.400
District 14: 460.300

John
Peoria

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Here are frequencies currently licensed to Maricopa County. Start by checking these UHF frequencies.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?frn=0001591635&os=200&s=fr

If you have a scanner with close call, put the scanner in that mode and key up. You should instantly get the frequency and tone. I did that a few years back with a Posse member that had an 800mhz radio and I quickly found some of their secret squirrel simplex channels.

If you don’t have a scanner with close call, set up search ranges for 453-454, 458-459, 460-461 and 465-466. It is likely in one of those ranges and you can search those in a few seconds so you don’t have to key up that long.

bill71

Premium Subscriber
MCSO 8 is repeated and monitored still right? Is MCSO 4 still?

I still don't understand the buy-out order. RM bought SWA, and AMR bought RM or was it AMR bought both individually? Dunno if that would have any bearing on why its still in the channel lineup of an issued radio, or if it was simply coffee/pasta the codeplugs from old to new.

PMT and SW were bought by R/M. R/M was bought by AMR. The old PMT became LifeLine Ambulance, and SW became AMR. We use the old SW UHF frequencies, but the usage has changed a little from what's on RR.

bill71

Premium Subscriber
Here are frequencies currently licensed to Maricopa County. Start by checking these UHF frequencies.

Callsigns for FCC FRN: 0001591635 (MARICOPA, COUNTY OF)

If you have a scanner with close call, put the scanner in that mode and key up. You should instantly get the frequency and tone. I did that a few years back with a Posse member that had an 800mhz radio and I quickly found some of their secret squirrel simplex channels.

If you don’t have a scanner with close call, set up search ranges for 453-454, 458-459, 460-461 and 465-466. It is likely in one of those ranges and you can search those in a few seconds so you don’t have to key up that long.

Don't have a scanner anymore. Using an anytone 868, and the radio shop says they can't give me the info.

bill71

Premium Subscriber

So, I was able to play with the radio a little today with my baofeng...this is what I got! It must be like someone on the thread said, this is left over from an old codeplug. I tried several different things, and I kept getting 460.200/127.3 PL. Thank you everyone for your help.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
That is likely left over from a very old code plug. Maricopa County is no longer licensed to that frequency. It was picked up by DPS and assigned to Metro East (with a different tone of 100.0 PL) sometime in the late ‘90s or early 2000s.

kmrounds

Premium Subscriber
Bill - The only MCSO channel I know we have is Search 8 on the VHF's. The RMFD units will go directly to MCSO East or Lakes 1 if we send them up. When 206 or 210 go, they come to Ch. 2 and we generally relay with MCSO on a ring-down. It is so hit-or-miss with what units have which radios...

BTW: changes are in the works with all of the AMR/RM radio channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.