Marin Co. FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMSJUNKY

I found 151.040 as the marin county mutual ain channel for the county fire. Is this a simulcast from their dispatch channel during the fire seasons?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Not even close, it's outdated the only thing that freq is used for in Marin County is the Road workers for the County DPW, with a PL tone of 203.5 Hz. They usually talk back and fourth with the supervisors at the DPW yards in Nicasio and at the Civic Center in San Rafael, and the Marin County Comm Center will also come up on the channel to dispatch them to reported landslides and stuff using the callsign "Control 20." (They usually dispatch/page the appropriate supervisor who will in turn send someone.) Their prefix is 22, and here are the supervisor unit IDs from what I can tell:

22R8 - Nicasio DPW Yard
22R11 - Civic Center DPW Yard

I believe this was also discussed on this forum a while back which will probably better explain why 151.04 is still in the CDF radios, as they may have some plans to make use of it for fire purposes again once everybody is on the MERA TRS.

Marin County FD can be found on 37.10 Mhz (their low-band repeater on Mt Tam) or their MERA talkgroups. (37.10 is simulcast on Control H2) If they have a fire near the county line and need fireground comms with Sonoma they use White 2. They've also been using White 2 for wildlands probably because MERA is still missing the Bolinas site, but when that's complete everything will be on MERA exclusively. (Control H2/H3 Tactical H4/H6/H8/H9 Command H5/Western Command H7 West Admin H15 -- all the talkgroups are in the database.)

Hope that helps. :)

-Inigo

EMSJUNKY

Thanks, I was looking at an out dated CDF radio plan that still had the Marin Local Net on it. I was curious as to whether it was still used, and you answered that right way. I would assume that if there were a large complex fire up there, a CDF command net would be utilized as well as the White channels and the CDF tac channels. Thanks again for the clarification.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
You bet, we've gotten Command 2 in the past for wildlands within the county necessitating Air Attack and Strike Teams, although I'm sure more are used as I haven't been listening that long and I'm still in high school. :)

EMSJUNKY

Inigo-- if you want CDF radio stuff, thats definatly good for listening, let me know. I got all the grub on that end.

BlueZebra

Almost right..

Marin County Fire will, as Inigo mentioned, be taking over two old Marin DPW freqs for a Marin "local net" (CDF style) when the MERA system comes full on. This has been planned for a long time, which is why you see the freqs listed in the CDF radio plan. Most CDF mobile radios have thiese frequencies programmed in. Hopefully this will take place in 2007- if we are real lucky, this season.

Currently, MCFD uses CDF 2, tone 7 as a command channel for SRA wildland fires anywhere in Marin. This can be patched to either MERA H5 or H7. MCFD also uses White 2 or 3, and new this year, CDF Tac 1 and 4, for wildland tactical channels.

Bluezebra

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks! I always thought 151.04 was in there as a relic of some past use. This is exciting. :)

-Inigo

BirkenVogt

Moving at the speed of CDF I see....some of these things can take a very long time. The state government is notoriously slow.

Birken

BlueZebra

Not a CDF issue..

The delay in MCFD switching to a CDF style local is due to the issues around the MERA system coming into full use. It is not due to any issue with CDF.

Marin DPW will not release it's freqs to Marin Co FD until MERA is fully operational. The main delay currently is the Bolinas site, but the nasty floods on Dec 30/31 2005 highlighted a shortage of freqs for the MERA system. The system was at over 140% of designed capacity, due to unforeseen (they say) demand for users on the system. It seems many the critics of the system during development have suddenly discovered it works pretty neatly, and thus many expanded their number of users. One agency has more than tripled their users!

BlueZebra

BirkenVogt

My mistake, I thought it was the same as the old Marin freq in the CDF radios which was 154.37. I had not noticed the change.

Birken

Status
Not open for further replies.