Marin County -uniden 396 T ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Hello,
Question for anyone in marin county with a uniden 396t.

Please tell me if your scanner skips becuase of all the hills in marin county? I have several r/s scanners and they do just fine, but i was told by someone the 396t skips the first few words of the dispatch. they say they sold their scanner for this reason and i am wondering if this was a bad scanner or is it really the hills

thank you

SCPD

QRT
what do you mean by skips ?
i can hear them about the same from here in healsburg sonoma county

johncoleman

396t Marin County

He Says That When Dispatch Says Something He Does Not Hear The First Two Words Or So. I Just Bought A New 396t And Will Check That Out To See If It Is The Hills Or His Scanner Maybe He Programed It Wrong. I Will Have Mine This Week. Do You Have Any Tips To Put In Marin County Novato Pd

SCPD

QRT
make sure you have piority , wx and close call turned off. otherwise it will sound cut off.
also set marin up as different system and link them together with the same group key.
(each site differed zone, East , Sonoma and West)
Join the 396 yahoo site and I think there sould be a file on that site

SCPD

QRT
johncoleman said:
Hi
i got to the yahoo site but cant find any download for marin. can you please help me along here as i put the talk group in by r/ref and the freq by hand

thanks[/QUOTE

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD396T/
sign in
Click on the left on Files
scroll down to Software Files (USD and Mem) Click on it
click on BCD396T UASD
go down 10 files and click on California
go down 26 files and click on Marin Mot
this file save in your usad database and use Uniden Software to load it

or use arc Software to download it directlly from here into your scanner

Last edited:

johncoleman

thank you but,

I am lost !!!! Yes i found the marin mot file but could not put it in my arc file, guess i am just stupid like i said before. I bought two of the 396 t scanners one new and one used in the last two weeks and guess what ? they are going to be up for sale here real soon. Thanks for all your help and if you ever get down here to marin county, i am in novato please feel free to e mail me and stop by for a beer,soda as i am retired and free all day

john

SCPD

QRT
that file is for the Uniden software.
Use your arc software to dowload Novato directly from here.

( I don't have the arc software) so i can't help you with that step. I see your are a premium member so you should be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.