marion county

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1mf

im moving to ocala in the summer would like to know if it is worth bringing my radio with me i know they have p25 system but i dont know if they are encrypted or not

c1mf

thank for the reply i didnt know about this site still kinda new to the scanner game iv never lived in a digital area

c1mf

im not sure how well these feeds work i tried to listen to my current county on the site and its nowhere near as active as my scanner is and it says there are feed providers for the county

DeRanKeR

Premium Subscriber
Khoelldobler is a great person to get in touch with for any assistance in this area. Great guy, who will help you if you need any assistance. He was gracious enough to clone my scanner to his. The only thing encrypted is the MCSO SWAT channel. I have been considering making the feed private, (I want to do a few consults with some MCSO and OPD officers to see if they have any complaints.) Those on RadioReference are apparently committed to the hobby, instead of listening in to see if the police are looking for them.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Marion County P25 and Ocala P25 system are still in the clear.

Ocala PD & FD as well as Marion County Sheriif & Fire are P25 digital, very active, and basically non encrypted, except for MCSO Swat communications. I am in Ocala, and if you have a pro-106 and live in the Ocala area, look me up and I can clone your scanner so that you can access all the talkgroups with optimum custom settings for your listening pleasure. Ive cloned quite a few scanners for RR friends in the Ocala area.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Khoelldobler is a great person to get in touch with for any assistance in this area. Great guy, who will help you if you need any assistance. He was gracious enough to clone my scanner to his. The only thing encrypted is the MCSO SWAT channel. I have been considering making the feed private, (I want to do a few consults with some MCSO and OPD officers to see if they have any complaints.) Those on RadioReference are apparently committed to the hobby, instead of listening in to see if the police are looking for them.

I wouldn't bother asking for permission to feed any encrypted channels, the answer will be no way, and it will remain that way. They will not allow access to these coms, nor will they grant anyone special permission to rebroadcast a feed... don't even bother trying, just keep your standard county/city feed running for friends who live far from the area... you don't want to raise a red flag, because if you do, they may tell you that you have no permission to run any county/city feed at all. And, they do take this stuff seriously.

DeRanKeR

Premium Subscriber
I am not going to request to feed any encrypted channels. I am wanting to contact them to see what their opinion is on the feed. If they feel strongly that it may endanger their officers, then I will gladly make the feed available to only RR and Broadcastify members. (They clearly have a true interest in the hobby, rather than attempting to get a head start on police who may be looking for them) There are some Talkgroups that I would like to block (investigators, OPD SWAT, Supervisors and the TAC channels.) These channels are not supposed to be broadcasted anyway. I would also not take lightly to having someone using the feed for wrongful reasons.

mwness

Premium Subscriber
I am fairly new to digital scanners. I have a BC396XT and have successfully downloaded systems from Radio Reference both in PA and in FL. I live in Lake County and have heard the demise of Lake and Sumter County freqs to encryption. Recently I downloaded the Marion public safety sys, but have not heard a thing. I know it is in the clear having heard it on Broadcastify.......any suggestions?
Is the data correct?

NYRHKY94

mwness:

My family has a place in the Marion County section of The Villages and I could rarely if ever receive the Marion County system while I was visiting. Some of tthe guys here told me it was a matter of tower location for that system and distance etc.

I "used to" always enjoy listening to Lake & Sumter County stuff while I was there, but as you now know the public has been shut out by Encryption, including most recently The Villages own community patrol. Not sure if you live in The Villages yourself, but our hobby is pretty much dead there. Florida has truly become the national poster child for the Encryption trend.

Last edited:

JoeyC

I am wanting to contact them to see what their opinion is on the feed. If they feel strongly that it may endanger their officers, then I will gladly make the feed available to only RR and Broadcastify members. (They clearly have a true interest in the hobby, rather than attempting to get a head start on police who may be looking for them)

You do not need to be a member of RR and/or Broadcastify to listen to the feeds. Anybody can listen in.

mwness

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I thought that it might be a reception problem. I am going to verify by trying the 396XT while in Ocala and giving a listen.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Ocala PD & FD as well as Marion County Sheriif & Fire are P25 digital, very active, and basically non encrypted, except for MCSO Swat communications. I am in Ocala, and if you have a pro-106 and live in the Ocala area, look me up and I can clone your scanner so that you can access all the talkgroups with optimum custom settings for your listening pleasure. Ive cloned quite a few scanners for RR friends in the Ocala area.
Is this still the case?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

trooper890

Marion

There are other newer threads discussing this. However,

Marion Fire Rescue has gone secure.

Rest of the county will be coming to a scanner near you, unfortunately soon. And likely won't be much left to hear sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.